cruft

edd

i usually exhibit my dogs at crufts but this year just went along to watch (politics). i was there on thursday - working and pastoral day. yeah i watched it tonight. however i think i agree with the choices. that australian shepherd dog was outstanding, and although not my usual cup of tea, i couldnt deny the wft the reserve. and i also agree the welsh springer was outstanding. thought the bouvier was out at the elbow, the pomeranian (rat on a string which would look better at a rodent show) was kinda cute but its point??? the elkhound was a disappointment, i dunt like miniature poodles but it was a good dog. and hmmmm what else... what the hell won the hound group??? grrrr memory like a sieve at the moment.

cranfield, you were asking about how many years its gone on? check out this page.... i cant be ***** typing it out.

http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/crufts/history.html?ID=103

We just watched on the telly this year, normally we go but decided against it this year - the traffic is aweful, the cost of entries makes it an expensive day out & theres always the politics of the judging.

The GF reckoned the Pom was a pretty poor specimen (she does some judging too) & thought it should have been between the FT & the Setter. Guess the politics of the new breed may just have won the day though.

Watched the whole of the gundog section and the finals and I was gutted that the Flat Coat didn't get best in group, lovely dog. However, the springer was a fantastic specimin too, so not too unhappy.

The bad thing about Crufts is that I see all the dogs on show and then want one all over again... That German Wirehaired Pointer was superb. I'm now thinking that one of them would be a slightly better choice than an English Springer!

Wookie

Does anyone know how long the Crufts Show has been going ?

Too bloody long........ No proper dogs on show in recent years all seem to be "Fashion" dogs.

Complete waste of time ! :)

And that Judge is obviously bent as a nine bob note... me thinks the mafia paid her off I bet she goes to America soon for a nice long Holiday all expenses paid.

How the hell can she have had experience of an Australian Sheep Dog to know if it was better than the rest.

The whole show from start to finish is a complete con.

Cruffs organisers and the KC are sat in their condos in the channel Islands laughing their socks off. ;);):D

As for that dancing dog.... Do me a favour.

FM.

;) That was a bit of a rant FM.....what's wrong with you?... pre Festival nerves?:D  ;)  :D  :)

Hammy

:thumbs: :lol::lol:

Yes & No. :)

I know several breeders who have shown at Cruffs in recent years and its jobs for the boys. the same dogs do the circuit and win time and time again. Besides none of the successful breeders feed their dogs on Pedigree foods they all use Eukaneuba.

Come on Sir Rembrant ;):D:D A real old Dog !!!

Most of the shows are so political - many of the judges have no idea what they are looking at either, it tends to be the same people who win certainly in our breed. It's either because of who they are, friends with the judge or whatever, or that they won recently & the judge just goes with the flow.

There are a few fair judges out there - the GF always checks who is judging before forking out the entrance fees. There are certain shows where it's pretty much a foregone conclusion & not worth the entry fees. That being said she has had reserve bob at crufts beforer now. We don't use Pedigree either - the dogs wouldn't touch the professional stuff - James Wellbeloved Lamb & Rice is thier favourite.