Would you believe it ? You better had !

Court rules anti-hunt views should be protected by laws on religious equality in the workplace

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1364382/Anti-hunt-beliefs-treated-religion-workplace-animal-rights-campaigner-wins-landmark-ruling.html

Fired: Hunt saboteur Joe Hasham has won a landmark legal ruling that his beliefs should be protected from discrimination at work

A prominent animal rights campaigner yesterday won a landmark ruling that his beliefs should be protected from discrimination at work in the same way as religion.

Joe Hashman, 42, claimed he was sacked as a designer from a garden centre when his bosses realised he was a hunt saboteur.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1364382/Anti-hunt-beliefs-treated-religion-workplace-animal-rights-campaigner-wins-landmark-ruling.html#ixzz1G5bjFSeb

Another nail in the uk coffin, the liberal lefts will always get thier way in the end as we keep coming up with theses silly over the top rights!

Things like conkers being banned in the playground without PPE! Sometimes I think people must sit back behind closed doors after making these decisions and burst out laughing at what they have managed to get pushed through!!

Regards,

Gixer

******* joke! As usual namby pamby lefties getting their way...

No doubt we will be fined soon as we have hurt someone's feelings by wearing camo and shooting the poor innocent little fluffy bunnies...

On the flip side, maybe my belief that you shouldn't eat meat unless you are prepared to kill it and that meat does not actually grow on shelves in cling film can be protected as a religious view?

Adds weight to exactly why I say to people not to add their obscure hobbies to their CV. You wouldn't believe how many people write that they go shooting in their interests section of the CV.

Whilst the Sab probably didn't put that on their CV, it's just as simple for shooters to be discriminated against, so stick to generic activities

Turn it on its head, would you not challenge it if you were sacked because your boss found out you were a shooter and didn't like it?

Of course if the guy had been convicted of anything illegal whilst sabbing then I think the employer would be well withing their rights to sack him.

It's not a joke, it makes sense.

You expect, and would get, the same legal ruling in favour of you if you where fired because you where pro-shooting.

Turn it on its head, would you not challenge it if you were sacked because your boss found out you were a shooter and didn't like it?

Of course if the guy had been convicted of anything illegal whilst sabbing then I think the employer would be well withing their rights to sack him.

Exactly would you be happy to have the sack for being a shooter? Criminal activities are different but freedom of speech is supposed to be juts that (not that we actually have freedom of speech and assembly anymore!)

Question is did they let him go for being a saboteur or as they claimed his department not making any money

Edited by HDAV

I have a passage in my employment contract that says I can be sacked for bringing the company name into disrepute including any criminal or illegal activity (or something like that)

Fine..........Take him back on then sack him for continual; tresspass endangerment and common assault.

Let the courts pick the bones out of that one............. :hmm: