Waiting For SGC... Impatient!!

I see there are quite a few people like myself who are applying for their first certificate.

I thought it might be interesting to see how long it is taking people... Cos I am bloody impatient!!

Submitted: 24th February

FEO Visited: 11th March

Received: 25th March

Edited by Spiderdude

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God I remember my application for a SGC license about 5 years ago now it took 4 weeks from posting them off to the visit to getting my license through the door. My FAC took just over a month. Almost 2 years ago now. Hang on in there it does come it just feels like it takes forever I feel this everytime I put in for a variation it kills me and I'm sure it is shortening my life in some kind of way it's that bad. Lol.

I was the same SO!! Impatient

Submitted: 22nd November

FEO Visited: 17th Jan 2011

Signed 10th Feb

Received: 14th Feb Location: South Yorkshire

1st post opened for joy went straight to shop bought my 1st SG O/U

Browning 30" M/C Ultra XSH ADJ Stock G3 Love it i DO :):shoot:

1st weekend at local clay sporting like a kid in a sweet shop LMAO!

Edited by MDK

Submitted 20th dec 2010

Feo Jan 2011

Cashed cheque feb 2011

Received still waiting

emailed them in feb and got a nice reply stating high demand etc etc

Rang last week, asked to speak to the lady incharge and told her what I thought of the service and told her I would be complaining in the form of a letter to the CC she apologised and assured me I will have it by the end of the month. So fingers crossed or what's left of them after a 12 Week wait lol I've had a hatsan sat in the shop for 3 weeks lol

Edited by SteveoM

SGC was 2 weeks from application to receiving it through the letter box

FAC was 3 weeks from application to receiving it through the letter box.

Would have been sooner for FAC but the Chief Super who signs off all the Tickets was

on holiday. Couldn't see why the next in line to be in charge couldn't sign it.

But as posted above, patients is a virtue.

Thats with Gwent Police.

Stevom your brave I've been waiting 10weeks for a fac variation and I dernt complain until the certs back in my hand

There is a thin line between brave and stupid. In hindsight maybe it wasn't the best idea but I was geting ****** off. It is a bit of a joke. The gunsmiths I go in is filling up with guns where the owners sgc has ran out because there waiting for a renewals to come through.

Stevom your brave I've been waiting 10weeks for a fac variation and I dernt complain until the certs back in my hand

Its sad really that we are scared to complain before we have our certs but the reality is that there is not enough money in the firearms depts to sort out the unjustified delays to sending out certs, my fac took 13 weeks with Cheshire which i thought was slow!! Since then ive put 2 variations in and both have taken just 2 weeks so big up to Cheshire for that, oh and a ammo increase on .223 took 2 days cannot be happier on that.

We deffo need to complain from the off.Once FEO visit we should be looking at 4 week maximum throughout the country :hmm:

Its sad really that we are scared to complain before we have our certs but the reality is that there is not enough money in the firearms depts to sort out the unjustified delays to sending out certs, my fac took 13 weeks with Cheshire which i thought was slow!! Since then ive put 2 variations in and both have taken just 2 weeks so big up to Cheshire for that, oh and a ammo increase on .223 took 2 days cannot be happier on that.

We deffo need to complain from the off.Once FEO visit we should be looking at 4 week maximum throughout the country :hmm:

To be honest it's abit of an English thing not complaining, but if we complained about all that is currently wrong with this country we wouldn't have time to do anything else. Atleast 99% of us know our sgc will arrive one day may it be 4 weeks or 14 weeks and we will all remember to put our renewals in months in advance.

SGC First Application.

Posted – 23rd November 2010

FEO – Called 9th December 2010 (But I was away working)

FEO Visited – 18th January 2011

Received – Approx 4th February

So i think if i was available for the first Visit i would of had my Certificate in Approx 5 weeks.

Here's mine (still waiting!)

Applied for grant of FAC 04th Jan

SGC renewal sent 2 weeks later

Agreed to go co term

FEO interview 10th March- all ok

Waiting on certs arriving... been told a quite a back log at the moment so no promises as to when new certs will arrive but could well be after current SGC expires....

Avon and Somerset