Advice Needed

tikka.223

Right situation is this,I applied for a .22WMR for fox control and have been told by Firearm's I have "no good reason" to aquire it as I have a .22LR and .223.

My .223 is for fox control on suitable lands.

My .22LR is for small vermin rabbits,etc,and plinking

I applied for a .22WMR for fox on lands which were not suitable for a centrefire thinking this was good reason.

Now I'm appealing this and have been told by them to provide as much information including ballistics for all three calibres on why I need them.

Right situation is this,I applied for a .22WMR for fox control and have been told by Firearm's I have "no good reason" to aquire it as I have a .22LR and .223.

My .223 is for fox control on suitable lands.

My .22LR is for small vermin rabbits,etc,and plinking

I applied for a .22WMR for fox on lands which were not suitable for a centrefire thinking this was good reason.

Now I'm appealing this and have been told by them to provide as much information including ballistics for all three calibres on why I need them.

If you have a fox problem on land that a WMR is suitable for, but NOT a .223 then you should be able to get a WMR.

Presumably, as they have said, you need to show your reason!

What is etc., on your .22lr, and does your FAC actually list PLINKING for your .22lr?? :hmm:

Edited by Dekers

If you have a fox problem on land that a WMR is suitable for, but NOT a .223 then you should be able to get a WMR.

Presumably, as they have said, you need to show your reason!

What is etc., on your .22lr, and does your FAC actually list PLINKING for your .22lr?? :hmm:

Etc for .22LR is corvids(on ground),doesnt list plinking but has zeroing on lands suitable with permission.

can you put the 22lr onto a club for club use???

Not a member of a club,I believe I have good reason for the two .22 rimfire.

I want to keep the LR because if I go for a few hours plinking its cheaper to feed than either .223 or WMR,(I also realise commercial values dont come into it)sometimes its easy to put a couple of 100 rounds through it.

Not a member of a club,I believe I have good reason for the two .22 rimfire.

I want to keep the LR because if I go for a few hours plinking its cheaper to feed than either .223 or WMR,(I also realise commercial values dont come into it)sometimes its easy to put a couple of 100 rounds through it.

can you say wmr for day time and .22lr for night vision set up as this would be quieter

colin

they won`t give you 2 x 22 rf`s. they will ask you to hand in 22lr if you want the wmr for fox where the 223 is overkill. can you put the 22lr onto a club for club use???

I think things are a little different in NI, I currently have 3 rimfires and at one time I had 4.

ATB!

i am racking my brains trying to think of a shot i should be happy to take with a WMR that i wouldnt take on safety grounds with a .223 rem :hmm: , nope can't think of one sorry :no: perhaps you could advise? i suspect someone in firearms is of the same mind hence thier request for balistic information, i should tread carefully or you might end up out of the frying pan into the fire on this one. now i can think of how it would be easier to moderate a WMR to a lower level, also how a semi auto might be handy for certain tasks though :good:

think you are on a beaten docket with this one. you could try the lr for rabbits for human consumption and say the wmr is too messy. also the lr for noise reasons.what does your rfd say that sold you the gun???

RFD says to state LR for rabbits for consumption and WMR for rabbits at longer range not for the table.Be interesting to see how it turns out.

Seems strange to me I'm with south Yorkshire who just like to say no and I've got 3 rimfires when I applied for my .22 WMR I also put down to get my .17 hmr back as I had previously sold it and on variation forms just put down for vermin got them both no problems. Seems strange. Like others have said I'd contact BASC and see what they have to say and whether they will back you up other wise things mite not go your way. I have .22lr .22 WMR .17 hmr .223 and I'm thinking of applying for a .22-250 but I know what they will say you have a .223 why do you want/need a 22-250 what can I say to that lol except a. Dedicated nightvision set up which I actually am contemplating of.

I have recently got a hmr on.I had a wmr on and whilst my rfd said i may well get both, to keep things simple i gave up the wmr (to my dad)

I think it could be hard to justify 2 rimfire magnums(as in my case) but would of thought you should be able to swing it to hold both lr and wmr as they are a world apart

Best of luck with it ! Rich

• 2 weeks later...