My first shooting truck!!

MM

Well, Mrs MM has just bought me my first shooting truck :good: As, i keep mucking up the family car. :blush:

Its a SWB Vitara. Apart from it being a hairdesser/tarts car, what are the good and bad points of these? Its an R reg petrol. :hmm:

I had an R reg 1.6 vit and I really cant think of many bad points, I miss mine believe it or not! The nippiness round town and the amazing ability off road, the only bad points if I was being picky - motorway or dual carriage ways are a bit of a pain, and the only time I needed a tug to get going I crossed a ditch at an angle so I had the front left wheel and the rear right off the ground, due to no locking diff it just couldn't move! :-) but I drove it through some serious mud and terrain!

I saw my one parked in a car park a while after I'd sold it and I really did think "wish I still had it"

They are roomy enough inside and I found mine was a comfortable car, I think suzuki's are underrated as a 4x4 and I'm sure you will not be disappointed, watch for tin worm too around the chassis front where the bumper mounts, although if looked after they are no worse than any other car...

Regards,

Gixer

Edited by gixer1

Im in the process of converting mine into a pickup..looking awesome at the mo....i got ran off the road in mine and beat it up pretty bad...ended up on my side with buckled wheels,no bumpers etc....got it dragged home...let it rest a couple days,key in and bang...always starts 1st time,totally reliable,cheap insurance,not too bad on fuel..considering what the car has been thru it just never ceases.....get some good all terrain tyres,whip the back seats and belts out (lot of weight in these) and away ya go....i would recommend a regular service as they are old engines,...you will probably find they tick over loud and fast on startup..this is just the automatic choke..it will rev at upto 2000 in idle then drop drop down to normal in 5 mins...always warm the engine up in the morning especially in winter..always leave mine running for 5 mins before driving off.enjoy it mate....look after it and it will last you a lifetime.

Had one and wish I still had it I regret it everyday it was a brilliant on road car and an amazing off road car would go anywhere due to it being so light and so low geared. I got some kumho kl71 mud terrain 235 by 75 on r15 and jeez what a tyre they are by far the best Tyres ever never once got stuck even in the boggyest of fields I'd just drive round lamping in 2 wheel drive they cost me £254.00 fitted tracked n. Balanced and that if or when I get another 4x4 it will be a vitara and I will definitely put these Tyres on it again. Oh and another thing it would just never die and so reliable never ever had one problem with it no matter how much stick I gave it. P.s landys are **** and suck haaaaa

Had a couple of these a few years ago, great reliable motors. jacked mine up with old man emu suspension and a set of Marshall mud terrains and it was awesome. Only prob I had was the sills got smashed to bits off road after some serious off roading and rotted through so ended up welding in 2" box section; which was handy for jacking on. :good:

Pity you're not closer... My mate has a 5 ltr tin of Nato green.

I could off road up to you :lol: Thanks anyway mate. I dont think ill be doing any harsh off road stuff, just mud and dirt. Ill have to sort the lamping kit out and get it hard wired in.

Mart

The Mafia shooting truck named "the Badboy" is a SWB Vitara. We have made a couple of minor alterations though :

badboynewtyres.jpg

One night Mung was moaning about being cold whilst sitting on the back and this was the only hat he could find.. (honest)

badboy1.jpg

Edited by ME

UPDATE: We used the "Badboy" for the first time tonight since October last year. We stuck the battery on charge, pumped up a flat tyre, I turned the key and it started first time - what Landrover would do that ?

how come it's so expensive??? we insure a jimny and even with 0 NCB for that policy it was no where near that!

and i can't remember my vit being that expensive, and i'm not that old!

Insurance is just a rip off now, it just doesn't tally with what you are ghetting for what you pay...

Regards,

Gixer

EDIT to say, just looked back and i was £280,56 a year for my suzuki vit...worth around £1500...

Edited by gixer1

Another of my main reasons for getting one, was that the last two winters have been the worst on record. I want to make sure i get can about this year.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: flamin awful winters here on the north west peninsula of wirallaska peed meself now coffee all over the keyboard and me choccy muffin is in the bin :lol::lol:

Well, Mrs MM has just bought me my first shooting truck :good: As, i keep mucking up the family car. :blush:

Its a SWB Vitara. Apart from it being a hairdesser/tarts car, what are the good and bad points of these? Its an R reg petrol. :hmm:

seems you all ready know :rolleyes:

UPDATE: We used the "Badboy" for the first time tonight since October last year. We stuck the battery on charge, pumped up a flat tyre, I turned the key and it started first time - what Landrover would do that ?

All of them, mind i do like your red nail polish headlamps on the gay bandit transporter