BASC membership discount for HM Forces

Members of the Forces have a regular wage, and it's not too bad either,so in my mind it's the civvies that need discounts.

When national service was in and the forces weren't paid much, discounts would have been relevent but now with all the pay reviews the pay is nearer, and mostly above, the average wage of UK.

When I see average wages quoted in the press I used to wonder where they got their figures from as I was never earning as much as was quoted.

Nice to see that BASC is doing well financially, they obviously have a grip on their finances and membership numbers must be on the up to have created such a surplus.

Of course one could argue that these surplus profits that are being used to subsidies Forces membership could be reflected in a reduction of membership charges for those that have actually paid in and created the surplus in the first place.

Or better still free membership for farmers and pensioners !!!

Well done BASC :good:

For those who are winging above get a grip our forces often put their lives on the line doing a job that many wouldn't want to do. Yes they earn a good wage but when you look at the risks and separation from their families etc its a deserved one.

Last time I checked Farmers were on a fairly decent wage too :hmm:

be nice at times if the average working man got a discount on something at times, having a few mates in the forces most don't know they are born money wise as pretty much everything comes with discount.

+1

i have a nephew in the RAF and the discounts he gets are unreal

shaun.. :yp:

As BASC Membership includes Insurance for shooting and 90% of our armed forces are out of the country for 6 Months + a year (I.e they wont require shooting insurance) I think a £10 discount is ideal and not unrealistic. Much less chance of a claim etc. :hmm:

be nice at times if the average working man got a discount on something at times, having a few mates in the forces most don't know they are born money wise as pretty much everything comes with discount.

As a single white southern male with no ofspring with a reasonable job, I frequently get ****** off at the discounts and feeebies that undeserving people get in this country that i indirectly have to pay for-I can't abide the 17 girls geting pregnant solely to get a free council flat or the workshy scum that expect money for nothing.

The men(and these days ladies) of our armed forces do not in any way fit this catergory. They literally put their lives on the line for Queen, Country and our safety. Defence cuts over the last 15 years mean that with our current levels of active service they are constantly all either on active duty or on build up training for it. Google the wages some time they aren't that good !

good on you BASC!

Are you for real? There are discounts out there but we dont walz around getting 50% off wherever we go!

Ive yet to find a usefull discount that helps me. remember were on a 2 year pay freeze yet food and accommodation has gone up and all our allowances have been cut!

Dont know were born?? Get a ******* grip!

Are you for real? There are discounts out there but we dont walz around getting 50% off wherever we go!

Ive yet to find a usefull discount that helps me. remember were on a 2 year pay freeze yet food and accommodation has gone up and all our allowances have been cut!

Dont know were born?? Get a ******* grip!

I suppose a few must just be odd cases, my girlfriends brother ok he is an officer and good at skiing so spends 4 months a year all expenses paid skiing for the army :blink: then as he is in Germany, his new BMW 330 estate was a fraction the price I would have to pay, fuel is all very cheap, accommodation is nice and he really gets every perk going. Ok he may have to go and sit on a base in Afghan and manage troops from there but he successfully seems to have been once in 4 years and has just put off going again for at least a year. Makes me see at times why the armed forces are struggling to pay the bills.

That said in general they do a good job and i don't begrudge the tenner and after all as i'm sure we will be reminded we should be grateful the general price hasn't gone up for the first time in living memory

I suppose a few must just be odd cases, my girlfriends brother ok he is an officer and good at skiing so spends 4 months a year all expenses paid skiing for the army :blink: then as he is in Germany, his new BMW 330 estate was a fraction the price I would have to pay, fuel is all very cheap, accommodation is nice and he really gets every perk going. Ok he may have to go and sit on a base in Afghan and manage troops from there but he successfully seems to have been once in 4 years and has just put off going again for at least a year. Makes me see at times why the armed forces are struggling to pay the bills.

That said in general they do a good job and i don't begrudge the tenner and after all as i'm sure we will be reminded we should be grateful the general price hasn't gone up for the first time in living memory

Ahh, Germany is a whole different ball game, as residents in a foreign country they are entitled to the normal tax breaks that any other civvy would get although the living allowance has been cut I believe??

the adventure training part is an integral part of military training and team building but 4 months skiing, you got me on that one the lucky ******!!

Im on an 18 month turnaround for Afghan and yes we get extra allowances for going but you only have to watch the news to see why!whether were in a base or in a fob its still not the same as sitting in an office in the UK so they deserve every penny as far as im concerned!

Any way, im a bit ****** as I got promoted today (no pay rise) so thats my pearls of wisdom done until tomorrow :good:

Ah, what memories! Four weeks spring holiday in Sardinia every year followed by a ten week break in Las Vegas during late autumn. Neat vodka in the windscreen wash as it was cheaper than the proper fluid. King Teddies at a few pence and super shooting with the local Hegelring. Hey ho!

having a few mates in the forces most don't know they are born money wise as pretty much everything comes with discount.

True. As I write this tome from my study, overlooking the rolling hills, meadows and seas spanning my considerable estate, I thank God every day, for my £4.15 an hour wage, the 3 months a year I manage to spend with my family and the gut wrenching apprehension that yet another 6 month stint in the desert brings. Aye, we're living it up like pigs in **** here.

True. As I write this tome from my study, overlooking the rolling hills, meadows and seas spanning my considerable estate, I thank God every day, for my £4.15 an hour wage, the 3 months a year I manage to spend with my family and the gut wrenching apprehension that yet another 6 month stint in the desert brings. Aye, we're living it up like pigs in **** here.

Hi,

Make that £36,354 pa. Obviously guessing - used to do the same to make people feel sorry for us and buy the beer!

Cheers

You do know this isn't a dating site don't you ;)

:lol:

The point that i'm making is that as a single white professional male You (I) pay lots of taxes, get very little for it and never seem to qualify for any offers or benefits of any sort.

It might be that this crosses the line from facetious to rude or silly but why should people keep getting rewarded by the state with a fully expenses paid existence and even the best parking spaces at the supermarket because they can't use a condom. I will however shut up if they start giving me working single mans dog benefit :lol: !

edit to increase facetiousness

Edited by Canis

That doesn't sound right! What you promoted to fella?

^ As he said that isn't right if you are promoted whether Local acting or official it still brings a pay rise. Increment rises also still occur at the moment just not the annual rise with inflation.

Unless you have been promoted to ****house sheriff :lol:

were you conscripted?

I get a war pension (disabled) work part time as police staff on a pay freeze and now Camron wants to take my weekend working and bank holiday allowance from me thats a loss of £200 per month what can BASC offer me I had to wait until i could spread the cost over 12 months Done My bit and im still paying for it and a full membership Sorry But i don't get it

:lol:

The point that i'm making is that as a single white professional male You (I) pay lots of taxes, get very little for it and never seem to qualify for any offers or benefits of any sort.

It might be that this crosses the line from facetious to rude or silly but why should people keep getting rewarded by the state with a fully expenses paid existence and even the best parking spaces at the supermarket because they can't use a condom. I will however shut up if they start giving me working single mans dog benefit :lol: !

edit to increase facetiousness

Need to dry your eyes and cheer up. You are mad that there are parents parking spaces at the supermarket to help them unload children safely and more easily?! Should disabled parking spaces be scrapped as well then as they are close to the supermarket? I bet you pay less Tax than the average Serviceman anyway even though they spend a majority of the year out of the country.

Most people learn early on in life that life isn't fair. Get over it. I think its spot on that BASC are offering our brave servicemen a small discount of £10 and I'm sure it will increase the amount of members in the forces by doing so as I have met a few who refuse to join due to the amount of time overseas so it isn't exactly value for money if they spend 8 months or so away from hobbies a year. Whereas someone with an 'Armoury' like yourself prob gets to go shooting at least once a week. Sad state of affairs when the public dont support our armed forces.

I think our servicemen get a **** deal compared to students studying a degree in surfing or some other pointless qualification! Lets discuss the deals students get with Basc if we want to pick faults!