gas gun off

Dr Bramble

Hello all, whats the best way of turning off gas guns whilst shooting? is it to disconnect the battery or will this delete the settings. turning the gas cylinder off seems logical , then turning back on before leaving. is this the way?

Edited by Dr Bramble

Assuming that you have permission to cease the gas gun.

Simply turn off the valve on the gas cylinder.

If you fiddle with batteries etc you will cock the clock up, which may not go down too well with the farms neighbors.

Turn the gas back on when you leave.

The gas gun should have operating instructions afixed to it.

webber

On mine take off the clip on the positive terminal and switch the gas off, the settings etc are normally done by little dials on the box so as long as you dont touch them it should be alright and they have light sensors to work out what time it is. :yes::good:

Edited by Edward

On mine take off the clip on the positive terminal and switch the gas off, the settings etc are normally done by little dials on the box so as long as you dont touch them it should be alright and they have light sensors to work out what time it is. :yes::good:

If you are going to turn the gas off ( I do) make sure you go to it, just after it has gone off, as you will be deaf for a week if it goes off just as you are walking up to it!!

TEH

Edited by The Essex Hunter

If you are going to turn the gas off ( I do) make sure you go to it, just after it has gone off, as you will be deaf for a week if it goes off just as you are walking up to it!!

TEH

I set up next to the had gun thought I'd knocked it off then bang! Off it went I nearly crapped myself lol

• 2 weeks later...

i've been told by the four farmer's just take the clip off the battery and replace it when you leave . i wouldn't alter the gas pressure .

i've also found if the gun as been on for even a day then the pigeon's are few and far between

Yes, it's generally a waste of time as the gun will have spooked them. :yes:

Cat.

I would ask the farmer, some of the newer multiple shot bangers look a bit complicated to me, but I am a simple soul. :yes:

Its interesting the comments that the gas guns spook the birds, on some of our bigger fields they take very little notice of them.

Hence the emergence of the gas guns that fire three shots in very rapid succession, sort of reinforcing the "clear off " message.

They still have limited effect and I have decoyed at one end of the field successfully, with the banger going off the other end.

I should mention that I shoot a very wide open area, so the gas gun noise dissipates very quickly and sometimes its difficult to tell where its actually coming from.

I've shot on a rape field this week and last, left the gas gun on, made no difference and this week set up near a kite bird scarer, still made no difference to the pigeons which came in confidently. They were feeding quite happily next to the kite with the scarer going off when I watched the field - took no notice of either.

Hello all, whats the best way of turning off gas guns whilst shooting? is it to disconnect the battery or will this delete the settings. turning the gas cylinder off seems logical , then turning back on before leaving. is this the way?

Turn gas off whilst wearing ear defenders!