PRIEST

That seems a very competitive price, as above, any chance of a pic, I need a new one. My trusty old friend of many years, my knurled Holly stem branch has developed a split.

Same but different, does anyone know why a Priest (in this context) is so named, I have often wondered, my simple mind looking for an answer!

Cheers

Here you go, I bought one too and think they're great. Dekers, not sure if it's true or not but when I asked that question as a kid I was told it was so called as it is an instrument for administering last rites. ?? Not sure myself, but hey, it's the answer I was given by an old fisherman.

Edited to add: Sorry guys, beaten to it! :good:

post-22203-0-92247400-1302207905.jpg

Edited by Ian750

Justjon. For bonking a not quite dead animal on the noggin with. Great for trout salmon rabbit squidgel or any bird. A bit easier than ringing the neck. A quick thwack and dead. Personally at the moment don't use one but making one from an antler so maybe soon ?

Damn , they look smart. If I ever wear my current priest out, I'll be looking for one of those. All you new priest holders can look forward to the pleasure of smacking yourself firmly on the thumb with the priest while trying to subdue a lively January cock bird. If you are like me, you'll then leave your throbbing thumb on the safety catch of the gun when taking your next shot & rammig the top lever into it to compund things.

Cheer

TT

• 4 weeks later...

For the price of just over a fiver inc Paypal charges.

anybody got one of these either the same or similar for the same price?? curly87 has sold out :blush:

maybe a long shot but worth asking :good: I WANT ONE!! :good:

Edited by semiautolee

I too, have a home made priest, which I made out of the bottom piece of a stool leg. I drilled the end, inserted a heavy bolt and bonded it into place with araltite. It did the job just as good, but I fancied a better looking one!

Steve.

I'm rubbish at DIY so I tend to take a whole bar stool with me.