Not quite what i was after :(

Davy Holt

Hiya,

Headed out to try and bag a lamp shy fox last night, but it decided not to show at the ambush point :( So i decided to put plan B into action and bag a couple of bunnies in the other fields with the rapid. gets to the gate of the first field and flicks the lamp on.. and there is the fox sitting not more than 40 yrds in front of me armed only with the rapid :( he didnt hang about long but he had been there long enough to spook all the bunnies and there was none to be seen. So I decided to call it quits and head home, as I crossed the last fence i lost my balance and landed hard on my right foot... which landed hard on a rock.. which then sent my ankle to the side generating a loud crack and sending me to the ground :( I managed to hobble to the car and drive home.. was erm interesting using my left foot but i was glad the jeep is an automatic. managed home, got the guns away and then off to A&E, a couple of hours later I came out sporting a new set of crutches :( managed to talk my way out of the additional plaster cast though :) the doc made me feel really good when he said I would have been better of just breaking my ankle :( :(

Image0123.jpg

Edited by Davy Holt

Owwwww, that brings back memories!

I did mine 10 years ago and it looked just like that :yes: though I foolishly opted out of going to A&E :oops: .

Took a couple of days for the bruising to come out when my entire instep and below the ankle joint turned black and purple :o . I yelped like an underfoot puppy everytime I tried to put weight on it. If I've done a lot of standing or walking it still aches on occasions and that's 10 years later.

You have my sympathy mate :good:

Hiya,

It's now starting to get a tad sore.. even with the drugs :rolleyes: and is quite colourful now the bruising is coming out :good:

I though I was gonna be grounded for a while but my mate has offerd to drive me about so that I can get out shooting.. so it's rat bashing tonight :) :) :)