taking the bus with the shotgun then staying the night.

Hahahaha lol condom. I rekon you will be alright my friend works in London and he regularly takes his shotgun in a breakdown browning lockable case. Nobody ever says anything to him but he told me once a guy clocked his case and must of known what browning ment and gave my mate a look of 'is that a shotgun OMG' but nothing was said.

I think the answer is no you cannot have the shotgun with you without adult supervision,that applies both getting there and then you need to be under the wing of the landowner(gfs parents).In law you are still considered a child,so I also think your having a s//gun on a bus would cause some drama too even if cased etc.Arrange to get a lift,and ensure the farmer has invited you to bring your gun.For a definitive answer ring BASC but in my view you are NOT permitted to do as you propose.

Hahahaha lol condom. I rekon you will be alright my friend works in London and he regularly takes his shotgun in a breakdown browning lockable case. Nobody ever says anything to him but he told me once a guy clocked his case and must of known what browning ment and gave my mate a look of 'is that a shotgun OMG' but nothing was said.

No issues with taking a discreetly packaged broken down shotgun on a bus, but I'm not sure using an obvious gun case (breakdown or not)with "Browning" on it is very wise? :no:

Apache's suggestion of backpack or an Al Capone stylee violin case are good.

But wouldn't that be concealing a weapon ? I'm not sure but I know it wouldnt look good if the cops pulled you on the bus with a shotgun in a guitar case. Personally I wouldn't like to do either and before doing anything I'd ring the firearms department or BASC and seek their views on the matter.

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/utilities/document-summary.cfm/docid/99D87721-233F-436F-93B3C5BBEFDE1899

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/utilities/document-summary.cfm/docid/C8375E14-9F28-40F7-A2B8C3A18D1BAAA2

Should contain the correct info

15 TO 17 YEARS OF AGE

A person between 15 and 17 years of age may be given or lent a shotgun and cartridges but

may not buy or hire them.

After reaching the age of 15 a person may use a shotgun without supervision, providing they

hold a valid shotgun certificate.

Doesnt mention being in public

Edited by HDAV

thanks, i know i can be in posesion of the gun on my own and my frien took his through the middle of the town in a slip and was fine so i think the bus is ok. it's just the staying at her house part e.g where should i store the gun when i visit etc?

Ideally, it should be locked as if it were at home. But, if that is not possible...you could split the gun up and spread it about...making sure each part is as safe as can be. Preferably locked up and secure.

No problem.Don't forget your SGC and as others have said,break it down so it is less identifiable would be a good idea,but not required by law as far as I know.As long as you take every reasonable precaution regarding the guns security when staying at your girlfriends house,then you're ok. :good:

If you travel alot then a lockable slip/case or similar device is adviasable keep the action sperate from the barrel and use a sturdy chain or bike lock through the trigger gaurd to a solid object (radiator pipe, steel bed frame etc)

I use one of these http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/products_detail.asp?productID=1463 these look good http://www.chamberlock.com/

Edited by HDAV