Dog Attack

reddan

Bit of a random question/situation. I was coming out of the shop earlier and got into my car and infront of me I noticed a pit bull style dog laying next to the bike rack things who didn't appear to be tied up. Now it is wrong to assume what a dog will act like but anyway I then noticed a young kid was swinging on the bike rack things getting closer and closer to the dog.

i decided just to sit there in the car and have a fag rather than go just in case i suppose.

Anyway the kid went near the dog, the dog stood up, the kid walked off then the mum came out of the shop. Afterwards I thought what would I have done anyway, clearly I would have got involved but what would be the best way to get a dog off or to stop it attacking a child?

I know not a very dog friendly question but actually, albeit unlikely, useful knowledge.

Dan

Bit of a random question/situation. I was coming out of the shop earlier and got into my car and infront of me I noticed a pit bull style dog laying next to the bike rack things who didn't appear to be tied up. Now it is wrong to assume what a dog will act like but anyway I then noticed a young kid was swinging on the bike rack things getting closer and closer to the dog.

i decided just to sit there in the car and have a fag rather than go just in case i suppose.

Anyway the kid went near the dog, the dog stood up, the kid walked off then the mum came out of the shop. Afterwards I thought what would I have done anyway, clearly I would have got involved but what would be the best way to get a dog off or to stop it attacking a child?

I know not a very dog friendly question but actually, albeit unlikely, useful knowledge.

Dan

You tend to fing the staffy and the pit bull are very friendly towards humans it tends to be other animals they dont get on with but as a rule staffys bulls and bull crosses are a very fiendly dog i would sooner trust a staff with a child than a jack russell

Mark

i just don't believe in total breed predjudice. however under the circumstances you describe any darn way you can, any way at all. I was once told that in the dog fights of old dogs were realeased with breaker sticks, basically inserted into the jaws and levered apart. I furthermore believe they were sometimes rammed up the dogs anus- :o now that would make it open its mouth i suppose. anyway if you tried this it would certainly divert attention. :lol:

You tend to fing the staffy and the pit bull are very friendly towards humans it tends to be other animals they dont get on with but as a rule staffys bulls and bull crosses are a very fiendly dog i would sooner trust a staff with a child than a jack russell

Mark

I know, I had a m8 with a couple of staffys and they were completely daft if you were a friend. As I said I know you shouldn't judge and the dog was just laying there minding his own business but the thought did cross my mind.

i just don't believe in total breed predjudice. however under the circumstances you describe any darn way you can, any way at all. I was once told that in the dog fights of old dogs were realeased with breaker sticks, basically inserted into the jaws and levered apart. I furthermore believe they were sometimes rammed up the dogs anus- :o now that would make it open its mouth i suppose. anyway if you tried this it would certainly divert attention. :lol:

Not sure if you would end up getting arrested using the stick as you say!

More seriously Im sure I heard that pulling a dogs front legs apart really hard does the job but it was a long time ago and I have no idea how true it is.

Anyway the conversation disturbs me as a dog owner but I just want to know in case.

Dan

Edited by reddan

I furthermore believe they were sometimes rammed up the dogs anus- :o now that would make it open its mouth i suppose. anyway if you tried this it would certainly divert attention. :lol:

I've heard the same thing, only you stick your thumb up the dogs chutney chute.

Personally, if I saw a child being savaged, I'd go for the eyes, although I'd be worried about the sharp edges of the eye sockets.

Many years ago the local thug in our village had a nasty rottweiller .

Made that way by its owner .

There was an old chap walking his Westy . The rotty went for the little dog and the old boy picked it up to try and protect it . Just about the worst thing you can do in this situation . The dog grabbed the bloke by the arm and pulled him over onto the ground . All we could hear from our garden was the old mans screams for help .

I ran over and was kicking it in the gonads as hard as I could . My dad was trying to hold the dog down by kneeling on it . Then a neighbour who was gardening at the time ran over with a shovel and belted the dog over the head at least 5 times before it let go .

It was the worst thing I have ever seen . The old chap never recovered from his ordeal and died a week later in hospital

The scum bag owner was never prosecuted for his death .

It was a memory I had forgotten about and never want to see again. But it does make you a bit wary of these kind of status symbol dogs who are never on a lead . Im not saying they are bad breeds but bad owners .

Many years ago the local thug in our village had a nasty rottweiller .

Made that way by its owner .

There was an old chap walking his Westy . The rotty went for the little dog and the old boy picked it up to try and protect it . Just about the worst thing you can do in this situation . The dog grabbed the bloke by the arm and pulled him over onto the ground . All we could hear from our garden was the old mans screams for help .

I ran over and was kicking it in the gonads as hard as I could . My dad was trying to hold the dog down by kneeling on it . Then a neighbour who was gardening at the time ran over with a shovel and belted the dog over the head at least 5 times before it let go .

It was the worst thing I have ever seen . The old chap never recovered from his ordeal and died a week later in hospital

The scum bag owner was never prosecuted for his death .

It was a memory I had forgotten about and never want to see again. But it does make you a bit wary of these kind of status symbol dogs who are never on a lead . Im not saying they are bad breeds but bad owners .

Something very similar has just happened where I live. An elderly gentlemen picked up his poodle to prevent a loose, aggressive dog nailing it along his street. The man is now in hospital in London, at best he has lost his arm.

Just keep the bloomin things on lead, no matter what breed of dog it is in a busy, public environment. I just don't get it. Neither would I put any of my dogs in a situation they potentially couldn't handle by tying it up outside a shop and leaving it to make its own decisions. :angry: Helen.

If a dog attacks say a child its a very quick and highly manoeuvrable event , you wouldn't get chance to kick it in the balls or start setting fire to it, a kick in the ribs would hardly be noticed by this breed Grab its collar and choke it, put it in a head lock from behind kneel on its back /side to hold it still , that way it wont be able to rag/shake the child and thus limit its attack damage . To release it you may have to wait ..if you have a good enough grip is will start to faint due to lack of air and its jaws will open anyway . If its a bull type ...dont let it go till its limp or it will just continue. Daft breed daft owners leaving any dog like this. Yes bull types are supposedly child friendly...that's why there are so many kids attacked by them I guess. :hmm: I wouldn't even leave my small Cocker unattended ...**** heads some people

I remember an account of a policeman who was shut in a room with an out of control German Shepherd the owner had set on him . He fought it for half an hour and only killed it by garotting it with his baton through the collar . He said it was the hardest fight of all his career .

If a dog attacks say a child its a very quick and highly manoeuvrable event , you wouldn't get chance to kick it in the balls or start setting fire to it, a kick in the ribs would hardly be noticed by this breed Grab its collar and choke it, put it in a head lock from behind kneel on its back /side to hold it still , that way it wont be able to rag/shake the child and thus limit its attack damage . To release it you may have to wait ..if you have a good enough grip is will start to faint due to lack of air and its jaws will open anyway . If its a bull type ...dont let it go till its limp or it will just continue. Daft breed daft owners leaving any dog like this. Yes bull types are supposedly child friendly...that's why there are so many kids attacked by them I guess. :hmm: I wouldn't even leave my small Cocker unattended ...**** heads some people

+1 Choke it is the ONLY way an unarmed person can deal with it.( I speak from experience) Pray it's got a strong collar or you can get something around it's neck.

Very good post, question answered completely cheers.

Dan

There is only one way to beat a dog like a rotty or pit bull;- grab its windpipe, squeeze hard and don't let go. Try and get it on its side while you are wrestling it. A collar might give way, especially the cloth type with nylon clips.

With a long nose dog such as a GSD you can hook a finger behind the canine and pull the lower jaw down into its chest. This slackens pressure on its jaws and you can comfortably hold it there until someone can give you some assistance.

With either method you'll probably get hurt.

if it was sweep i would jam my hand up its ***** . or scooby would just get some snacks slung in the road .

i think the best course of action would be to have a gimp you could use as a sheild whilst you bravely snatched the kid to saftey ! :lol:

There is only one way to beat a dog like a rotty or pit bull;- grab its windpipe, squeeze hard and don't let go. Try and get it on its side while you are wrestling it. A collar might give way, especially the cloth type with nylon clips.

With a long nose dog such as a GSD you can hook a finger behind the canine and pull the lower jaw down into its chest. This slackens pressure on its jaws and you can comfortably hold it there until someone can give you some assistance.

With either method you'll probably get hurt.

Having had first hand experience of this I can tell you there is no way at all a normal size man could hold onto a rotty or pit bull when it is in a frenzied attack.

The power these breeds of dogs posses is unbelievable. Just think how hard something like a cocker or springer can pull on the lead. Now imagine how strong a large dog could be and add in the uncontrolled frenzy factor.

If you didnt have some sort of weapon or lever at hand then you are pretty much fighting a losing battle.

My advice would be to try and stamp a small dog like a pitbull into the ground, go for the ribs and chest.

It is my own opinion that dogs bred for fighting or gaurding should be treated in the same manner as a weapon. They should be licensed and only allowed to be owned by people who can demonstrate the ability to control and train them.

Sure any dog can injure or kill but when dogs such as a rotty, pit bull, akita alsation, doberman etc etc go for you it is a whole different ball game. They have been bred over successive generations for aggression and defensive instinct.

Edited by winchester12