rant about FEO

i have been informed i have a new FEO about 4 weeks ago as i have just been given permission on some land and needed to check it was cleared.

Sent all the map shots in and asked him when it would be done "in the next 2 weeks roughly" i stressed to him i had been after this land for a while as its a stone throw away from home.

Still waiting 4 weeks later now he says he needs to walk it with the landowner (which i dont think he will be happy doing) even though he said he would nip down and look when he passes..

So i asked if/when could "open" my ticket. Previous FEO said 6-18 months due to my ammo usage and previous experiance before i got my own cert. He said at least 5 years no matter what.

Not happy now at all as probably lose the land now due to the wait

Bypass the feo and ask to speak directly to the firearms licensing manager, ask him if you can pop into police hq for a face to face chat. Nothing to lose.

That would be my line of thought. Just phone and ask to speak to the manager, explain what a ball ache it is to have land cleared and that you're likely to lose it and say you'd like your land restrictions removed. For some reason asking for "an open ticket" doesn't go down well with some. Wording it removal of land restrictions seems more gentle and has worked for a lot of people. :good:

One thing's for sure I wouldn't sit back and take it. I never have. The more you talk to them the more they will accept from you. If you come across a monkey that doesn't help or seems overly restrictive or thick then just bypass them and go to the top.

mat , who does yr side of city ?? as i said in the car last saturday i have never had a problem .

they are very busy at the mo , so clearing land is a bit of a non productive chor for them .

if i can help pm me .

adi

will give you a bell about it as just annoyed by the wait

i have been informed i have a new FEO about 4 weeks ago as i have just been given permission on some land and needed to check it was cleared.

Sent all the map shots in and asked him when it would be done "in the next 2 weeks roughly" i stressed to him i had been after this land for a while as its a stone throw away from home.

Still waiting 4 weeks later now he says he needs to walk it with the landowner (which i dont think he will be happy doing) even though he said he would nip down and look when he passes..

So i asked if/when could "open" my ticket. Previous FEO said 6-18 months due to my ammo usage and previous experiance before i got my own cert. He said at least 5 years no matter what.

full stop new paragraph capital letter comes to mind

Add a spell checker while your on :lol: :lol: :good:

Edited by Bazooka Joe

Sorry to hear your having such a rotten time of it, FEO's vary so much in their attitude and knowledge, I was once told I couldnt change a FAC airrifle slot for a 243 as the calibre jump was to big and I would have to pay again,of course this is nonesense. I'm quessing its for a .22lr, your unlucky its not already passed but you need to try and find as much land to be checked as possible. The FEO will soon get fed up and open your license, hopefully anyway, it worked for me along with using lots of rnds.

That's what I did. I had permission forms flying in from all over the place. Shot lots of ammo at the club too just to help a bit more.

I recon the best way to do it if they turn you down is to ask for a piece to be cleared then as soon as they've done the visit, shove another one in. Phone them at least twice per week to chase up when it will be done as "it's urgent". It get's on their t**s good and proper that!

I just came out and asked how many shoots I'd need before they'd open mine. "Five" was the answer, so five they got, all in one lump with five more in reserve for if they tried to wriggle out of it. :yes:

I've got loads of permissions. Rarely shoot all but a couple but they're always there.

That's what I did. I had permission forms flying in from all over the place. Shot lots of ammo at the club too just to help a bit more.

I recon the best way to do it if they turn you down is to ask for a piece to be cleared then as soon as they've done the visit, shove another one in. Phone them at least twice per week to chase up when it will be done as "it's urgent". It get's on their t**s good and proper that!

I just came out and asked how many shoots I'd need before they'd open mine. "Five" was the answer, so five they got, all in one lump with five more in reserve for if they tried to wriggle out of it. :yes:

I've got loads of permissions. Rarely shoot all but a couple but they're always there.

i have 4 at the moment with another one waiting till i see the owner as have verbal permission

its Dave greenarce that i have now

Apparently, Roy is now working out of the office, there is a new feo for our area now, i will meet him tonight when he comes and visits for my dads fac interview, i may have a few questions for the new one to see what his answers are, to see how much he actually knows.

ummm Norfolk are very hard to get a survey out of, last i got told was dont ring again (most of my shooting is just over the boarder)

a friend of mine just got open status from Norfolk in less than one year on his .22LR :yes:

just had an email from him he will not clear it for any rifle even tho 2 people with open certs said it would be fine Grr

and isn't that the b**er. I guess the FAOs like that 'cause it's passed the buck should anything go wrong but how stupid is it that someone (who may not even shoot) can say land is not right for shooting yet others with open certs and obviously the knowledge (or at least we hope they have) can say yes it's OK. Barmy world we live in.