Does this work?

Houseplant

Guns in the UK have to CIP proof regulations, a Crimp in the magazine tube is common not a dowel........They have to be proof tested for sect 2 use so i doubt that would be allowed, the US IIRC has no proof and as the mag capacity can change from state to state it may be acceptable in the US to use a removable limit on the mag in the UK it has to be a fixed modification either a weld or a crimp.

Ignore me it wasn't the video where the extra rounds just push a dowel out from behind the nut....

Edited by HDAV

Yeah i watched it, legally its a grey area like ghost loading the letter of the law is "fixed magazine with capacity no more than 2" one in the chamber does not include the 2 in the magazine, the idea was post hungerford to limit all shot guns to 2 shells, but the wording meant you can have 2 in the mag and one in the chamber (has become the accepted norm) the spirit of the intended law is not 2+1 but 2!

Edited by HDAV

not all tubes are crimped, hatsans have a 'migratory plug' which is like a stick with a stopper on it, the stick sits inside the spring in the mag tube and the cap sits against the inside of the surclip in the end of the mag tube, you could take it out to make it a 4+1 if you was stupid enough but is it worth it? how often do you use 5 shots? and would you really want to risk getting caught?

and the reason i know sbout it is when i first got one i was exploring stripping the gun to bits and broke the stopper off the migratory plug when trying to stuff the spring back in the mag tube so i stuffed it all back in and got on the phone and edgar brothers very kindly sent me one free of charge.

like everone else has said if you want more shots apply for relevent ticket or risk a world of poop!

gary

Edited by bicykillgaz

not all tubes are crimped, hatsans have a 'migratory plug' which is like a stick with a stopper on it, the stick sits inside the spring in the mag tube and the cap sits against the inside of the surclip in the end of the mag tube, you could take it out to make it a 4+1 if you was stupid enough but is it worth it? how often do you use 5 shots? and would you really want to risk getting caught?

and the reason i know sbout it is when i first got one i was exploring stripping the gun to bits and broke the stopper off the migratory plug when trying to stuff the spring back in the mag tube so i stuffed it all back in and got on the phone and edgar brothers very kindly sent me one free of charge.

like everone else has said if you want more shots apply for relevent ticket or risk a world of poop!

gary

hmm i did toy witht the idear of takeing my crimp out for a while but never did for all the reasons their could be, and when my fao came around from my renewal he had with him... 3 dud cartriges to load into the mag to make shure it hadent been done now imagaion i did and he found out i would be out of a job! get a fac.. i got slot for a 8 shot now :D

hmm i did toy witht the idear of takeing my crimp out for a while but never did for all the reasons their could be, and when my fao came around from my renewal he had with him... 3 dud cartriges to load into the mag to make shure it hadent been done now imagaion i did and he found out i would be out of a job! get a fac.. i got slot for a 8 shot now :D

What size cartridges ???

Surley it would be possible to load 3 65mm cases into a mag built for 2 3.5'' cases? whats the legal position for that?

What size cartridges ???

Surley it would be possible to load 3 65mm cases into a mag built for 2 3.5'' cases? whats the legal position for that?

been done many times, it's what the mag is proofed for, so a 3.5" mag must take only 2 3.5" shells doubt 2" shells would cycle a 3.5" Mag semi anyways!

Guest cookoff013

most guns poorly eject 2" shells anyway.

having a shell under the bolt is ghost loading, i dont think it could be stopped or enforced really. i dont even know anyone who does that.

i`ve a 3.5" benelli and it could hold 65mm shells in the magazine. my feo said just dont bother shoving more than 2 in the mag.

it is a grey area but is tolerated. if you are severely in need to reload lots of cartridges quickly, just shoot twice, the 2nd shell will feed the 3rd in and close the bolt. chuck in 2 underneath, rinse and repeat.

A mate of mine put's one cartridge in the chamber, one in the magazine, and then one above the loading gate. I don't know why he does this though, but at least he's not breaking the law by making it a 3+1 instead of a 2+1 which it is.

What size cartridges ???

This is very possible to do mate but you would be breaking the law by doing this mate. You would need the gun on a FAC license if you were to do this as you would have a 3+1 whereas the maximum for a semi to hold on a shotgun license is 2+1. :good: :good: :good:

Mind you, I bet that a few people do actually commit this crime.

Guest cookoff013

Mind you, I bet that a few people do actually commit this crime.

most 3.5" guns are for wildfowling anyway. anyone gets caught with 3 in the mag is in serious doo-doo.

not many good cartridges made for wildfowl in 2.5"

i`ll guess not many wildfowlers do it.

most 3.5" guns are for wildfowling anyway. anyone gets caught with 3 in the mag is in serious doo-doo.

not many good cartridges made for wildfowl in 2.5"

i`ll guess not many wildfowlers do it.

It's not only wildfowlers which buy 3.5" guns. Many just get a 3.5" because you can use large shots in them great for foxing ;) ;) ;)