Red Letter Day

Cosd

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done buddy sounds like you really had a great day ,you never forget your first red letter day plus it makes up for all the poor days you have when pigeon shooting :yes::good::good:

Cheers mate, it sure does make up for some very bad days. Last outing withy mate de

Denny and we had zero shots between us!!

Goes to show though, these special days happen when you least expect them.

Moral of the story is make sure you have enough cartridges with you, I ran out and they were coming in as I was picking up.

It would be devastating to be on a good day and not having the cartridges!!!!

Hi Cosd.

Have you prep'd all the birds

I hope you have a large freezer.

I will put you in contact with a friend of mine and if you could work together to cover the farm whilst I am holiday, I would appreciate it.

I will get back to you soon.

keep plucking!!

Yes mate, many given out to friends and family and some crowned in the freezer.

More than happy to work with anyone you recommend mate.

I'll get the dates you're away and I'll provisionally book some days off and cover mid week too if needed.

We'll talk soon whenever your ready

Edited by Cosd

Well done Cosd you had a cracking day there, lucky devil :good: I've shot the farm several times but only ever managed to get just into double figures once :blush: That was siting the hide under the big tree by the lane and shooting towards probably where you were.

Well done Cosd you had a cracking day there, lucky devil :good: I've shot the farm several times but only ever managed to get just into double figures once :blush: That was siting the hide under the big tree by the lane and shooting towards probably where you were.

Yes I know where you mean. Maybe it was a little more luck than judgement on my behalf, watching the birds in the air all the spots pointed out by Terry looked much of a muchness to be honest. Whilst talking with Terry I narrowed it down to two then chose my spot when I had all the kit on my back :oops:

The Turbo flapper was devastating to be honest, I had a magnet and bouncers but never even set them up. I was using flapper on the remote and almost any bird within eye view just came into it. Even birds on fly by misions, I would just give the remote a couple of flicks and they were just turning round and coming into it.

Yes I know where you mean. Maybe it was a little more luck than judgement on my behalf, watching the birds in the air all the spots pointed out by Terry looked much of a muchness to be honest. Whilst talking with Terry I narrowed it down to two then chose my spot when I had all the kit on my back :oops:

The Turbo flapper was devastating to be honest, I had a magnet and bouncers but never even set them up. I was using flapper on the remote and almost any bird within eye view just came into it. Even birds on fly by misions, I would just give the remote a couple of flicks and they were just turning round and coming into it.

Oh no, I can feel an urge coming on to spend again :yes: the trouble is my wife would rearrange my wedding tackle with a sharp knife if she found out :o

Oh no, I can feel an urge coming on to spend again :yes: the trouble is my wife would rearrange my wedding tackle with a sharp knife if she found out :o

If she does Phil put it on a bouncer or flapper and get some movement in it, it might bring in some birds like the old days.

I was informed but I am not telling by whom that the last time there was movement in your boxers were when they were on spin in the washing machine.

If she does Phil put it on a bouncer or flapper and get some movement in it, it might bring in some birds like the old days.

I was informed but I am not telling by whom that the last time there was movement in your boxers were when they were on spin in the washing machine.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Phil, I'm sure you already know, there are no gizmos which work every time. But I really am impressed with the Turbo Flapper. I keep referring to "Turbo" but if I'm not mistaken they flap at a faster rate than others on the market; I haven't used any others so I can't comment on those, but Denny has been out with me using it and I think he was pretty impressed just how effective it is on it's day.

In my limited experience using it I would say it is a lot more forgiving than a magnet in that on some days the magnet puts the eebie jeebies on the woodies and they steer very clear of it, of course on other days it can work wonders; The flapper doesn't work every time it's out but I haven't found it spooks them.

Yep been with Cosd and the turbo flapper, worked well, when the birds were not interested in decoying and at some distance Cos and his magic button finger turned a respectable amount of birds to come look see from a considerable distance away , I was impressed but not bought one yet .

Waiting for the right time to nic Cos's one :rolleyes:

Phil, I'm sure you already know, there are no gizmos which work every time. But I really am impressed with the Turbo Flapper. I keep referring to "Turbo" but if I'm not mistaken they flap at a faster rate than others on the market; I haven't used any others so I can't comment on those, but Denny has been out with me using it and I think he was pretty impressed just how effective it is on it's day.

In my limited experience using it I would say it is a lot more forgiving than a magnet in that on some days the magnet puts the eebie jeebies on the woodies and they steer very clear of it, of course on other days it can work wonders; The flapper doesn't work every time it's out but I haven't found it spooks them.

I might ask to share this tool with you and see how it goes, with my 40th wedding anniversary coming up in July sensible presents from the wife and kids would be useful.

Cheers

Terry