Gamebore Clear Pigeon

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cookoff013

who makes rio's is it eley?

rio makes rio`s. they are in spain.

they do use MAXAM powders and i believe are part of the "maxam" group.

i have had a major failure with a rio shell once. i believe the wad was missing.

when the trigger was pulled, there was an almighty bang, no muzzel discharge, upon poening the gun some slight burning,

unburnt powder everywhere, obturater disc still in shell, black burn stuff everywhere. and burnt brown stuff all over the breech face of the gun,

the conclusion was either 2 wads, or no wads.

Hi guys, I am going to Belgium next month to shoot woodpigeons over decoys (crop protection) Only steel shot allowed...need advise about steel shot whats the best cartridge, what size? Looking for as much feedback as possible..

Something like this would probably do.

http://www.hullcartridge.co.uk/products/game/steel_game_12.cfm

They reckon they're good up to 40yds. :hmm:

I'm not convinced, but if you try them let us know how you get on with them. :good:

Evening Everyone,

Can one of you guys who has bought the new black clear pigeons confirm that they are now loaded in a 70mm case, As listed in the advert? I used to use the old 67mm ones but changed when I bought my Benelli as it prefers the longer case.

I love to go back to pigeon loads for vermin and game shooting again when you see what game loads now cost!

Thanks Lads

WR

Evening Everyone,

Can one of you guys who has bought the new black clear pigeons confirm that they are now loaded in a 70mm case, As listed in the advert? I used to use the old 67mm ones but changed when I bought my Benelli as it prefers the longer case.

I love to go back to pigeon loads for vermin and game shooting again when you see what game loads now cost!

Thanks Lads

WR

yes they are loaded in a 70mm case now, iv just checked :yes::yes::good:

Just noticed your in Durham Lee, I'm passing through that way next week. Do you know of any stockists in your area and price? I've never seen them in bradfords when I've been over. I use 30gm fibres.

Cheers,

WR.

i bought mine from richardsons garden centre............bradfords dont stock 32gs :no: is it 32s that you are after?? :good:

It's the 30gm I'm after mate. Do you know if they have them?

Cheers

WR

are you sure bradfords havent got them in?? they only had 30s when i went 2 weeks ago :good:

yes im sure richardsons had the 30s in when i got mine...give them a call to make sure here is there number 0191 581 8181

hope you get sorted :good:

are you sure bradfords havent got them in?? they only had 30s when i went 2 weeks ago :good:

yes im sure richardsons had the 30s in when i got mine...give them a call to make sure here is there number 0191 581 8181

hope you get sorted :good:

They may do,just never see much Gamebore on the shelves when i've been to Bradfords in the past. I'll ring both tomorrow. Thanks for your help mate. Appreciate it.

WR.

They may do,just never see much Gamebore on the shelves when i've been to Bradfords in the past. I'll ring both tomorrow. Thanks for your help mate. Appreciate it.

WR.

gamebore clear pigs are on the left handside of cartridge unit they sit inline with the counter top shelf :good:

Just to report back on my first shoot using 30g 6's, these are the original Clear Pigeons and not the latest black cased ones.

Found the recoil much less than I anticipated and that they are very hard hitting, even at much longer ranges than I would usually attempt the birds came down stone dead. My clean kill ratio was definitely up considerably.

I will be getting out in the next few days and hoping to test them some more. I still want to try the 32g, but on first impressions I'm definitely sold on the Clear Pigeon cartridges especially with the fact that they don't cost that much more than the "cheepies" I've been using.

:good: :good: :good:

Cos

Guest cookoff013

Something like this would probably do.

http://www.hullcartridge.co.uk/products/game/steel_game_12.cfm

They reckon they're good up to 40yds. :hmm:

I'm not convinced, but if you try them let us know how you get on with them. :good:

i`ve never used these, but will recomend the 4s if the load turns out to be slow anyway. still will be usable.

Went out again yesterday but was very quiet.

Finished with14 for 18 shots which I think is my best kill ratio to date, so so I was pleased with my shooting.

Not one bird decoyed and alll kills were fly by's, the Gamebores didn't let me down killing all but one in the sky.

Cartridge feels fast and hard hitting. Very impressed with these!

Edited by Cosd