Gamebore Clear Pigeon

Just called Park Street Guns and they only have Gamebore Clearpigeon in 32g 6's at £52/250

That's the weight and size I want, are they any good? In the past I've used Rio's and OK which normally cost about £45 which I get on with. Last slab I bought was 30g 6's because they were out of 32g and noticed a drop in my accuracy at longer shots when I first started using them. I've got used to them now having shot a slab's worth but definitely prefer the slightly heavier load.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use "Clear Pigeon" in 6 shot and am very happy with them, when I can manage to hit the damned birds that is! For crows I prefer Black Gold in 5 shot but as ageneral cartridge the "Clear Pigeon" are pretty good value for money and they do what it says on the box!

Guest cookoff013

the difference between 30g and 32g is almost nothing.

30g 6 has 287 pellets.

32g 6 has 300 pellets.

i`d stop worying about the 16 pellet difference. with the right choke combo and some skill. 1oz loads do very well.

ps, italian cartridges have italian shotsizes. different from the classic english ones. usually .5 shotsize bigger.

italian 5 is english 4.5

never the less, still great shells, especially fiocchi and rio`s.

Guest cookoff013

You haven't seen my shooting :angry: don't tell me not to worry about 13 pellets :lol:

by your avatar picture you are doing fine.

hi`ve gone as low as 24g #4 and used those of some practice clays. i would have liked to use alittle more choke. but all i had was cylinders.

i can say they were really "ok". (they were a test batch).

Out of the 2 rios are my choice i have used both alot and would chose rios every time

I actually got on quite well with Rio's but the gunshop didn't have any when I called them, they had the Gamebores so that's why I created this thread.

The Gamebores seem to get good reviews too so don't mind trying them out at £4 per slab more than the Rio's

I actually got on quite well with Rio's but the gunshop didn't have any when I called them, they had the Gamebores so that's why I created this thread.

The Gamebores seem to get good reviews too so don't mind trying them out at £4 per slab more than the Rio's

Ask Fenny what he can get both types for? it is worth the drive, you might even get a days shooting with this likeable bloke

Hi

As said in the earlier replys Gamebore Clear Pigeon are a really good cartridge, its all I use for pigeons, corvids, and game shooting in fact I have just bought another 1000.

You will be fine :good:

Alan

I have shot thousands of clear pigeons and defo feel more confident with the 32g no6, great cart kill clean never had a misfire, tried rio....hate them!!! kill rate fell, no confidence in them.

Incidentally....the new clear pigeons.....ARE BLACK.....go figure!!! :lol: