Big cats and corn circles

brooktrout

I Havent heard much in the press lately about these phenomena, Is the "big cat" **** just a winter hysteria byreporters needing to fill the blank pages of a local "rag" at a time of year when news is scarce? Lets be realistic, guys like us are about the countryside at all times of day and night, all year round. All ive ever seen is the occasional farmyard tabby prowling around for the odd young rabbit. Still, never mind, there are those "crop circles to look forward to reading about soon. {funny how they never seem to appear in hayfields}, why only corn? Have those aliens got a fetishabout grain crops or what?. Mind you, Ive been guilty of creating more than one "crop circle" in a cornfield in my courting days!. How about you Cranfield?.

Hyperthetical situation, you are out with your trusty .308 getting the cull, when you see a panther come out of the bushes (lets say 50 yds away) and look meanicingly at you, do you:

a) Keep still

B ) Run like st*t off a shovel

c) Jump at it and in a big voice go "boo"

or d) Shoot the b*sterd between the eyes

:D:D:D:D:lol:

Now now, lets not all become too flipant about the subject. With all the reports of siteings of BIG CATS one must say that some of them are genuine.

I for one almost sure we saw a BIG CAT over Stratford way ,near Bearley. We , Ernyha, and myself were looking over a field and at the end of the field we saw a black cat. Now the distance to the end of the field was about 500-600 yards and i don`t think you would have seen a domestic cat at that distance.

So the mystery continues --:devil:?????:)???

:lol:???:D:D:D:D:beer:

brooktrout i would not dissmiss it out of hand a mate of mine has seen them on more than one occasion even had a shot at one but missed and that is not more than 12 miles from where you are living. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I've heard of people who can't hit a barn door, but missing a crop circle?:lol:???

I HAVE NEVER HAD A SIGHTING OF A BIG CAT IN THIS COUNTRY, BUT I DO KNOW A KEEPER FRIEND THAT HAS SEEN A VERY LARGE BLACK CAT...

ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN...

THE KEEPER IS A GOOD FRIEND, (definately not a ********ter) HE SAW THE CAT JUMP OVER A TRACK FROM ONE WHEAT FIELD TO ANOTHER. THE TRACK WAS TEN FOOT WIDE, THE CAT WAS THE WIDTH OF THE TRACK, IT WAS VIEWED FROM A DISTANCE OF 150yds IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY...

INTERESTINGLY, THIS PARTICULAR SIGHTING WAS ABOUT 7 YEARS AGO. ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO A WOMAN SAW A BIG BLACK CAT AT THE BOTTOM OF HER PADDOCK, THIS WAS PUBLISHED IN OUR LOCAL RAG, SHE WAS DRAWN TO GO AND LOOK AT HER CHICKEN RUN AS THE CHICKENS WERE MAKING A REAL COMMOTION ABOUT SOMETHING. SHE DISTINCTLY SAW A VERY LARGE BLACK CAT (at least the size of a labrador with a long tail) THIS SIGHTING WAS ABOUT 4 MILES FROM WHERE THE KEEPER SAW HIS CAT. THE KEEPER ONLY TOLD A FEW GOOD MATES ABOUT HIS SIGHTING AS HE THOUGHT HE WOULD NOT BE BELIEVED, EVEN THOUGH HE FOUND SEVERAL PUG MARKS IN SOFT MUD THAT WERE CLEARLY NOT THE MARKS OF YOUR AVERAGE DOMESTIC MOGGIE

APPARENTLY, THE LAW CHANGED IN RELATION TO KEEPING THESE ANIMALS IN 1976 (before the change in the law they could be kept without licence, without any guidance on how they should be securely caged ect)

WHEN THE LAW CHANGED PRIVATE COLLECTORS LET THEM OUT AS THE NEW LAW'S HAD STRINGENT RULES ABOUT HOUSING AND LOCAL AUTHORITY INSPECTION...

I KEEP AN OPEN MIND REGARDING THESE ISSUES, IN MY BOOK....

THERE IS NO SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE

CHECK OUT THIS INTERESTING WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO ON THIS SUBJECT...

www.big-cats.co.uk

ALL THE VERY BEST...

GARY...

I to keep an open mind about this.....there seems to have been a fair few sightings now.

Have never seen such a sight my self ...but I have seem an EMU !...I kid you not! it was running round a feild heading straight for a beech copse were I lost sight of it......to this day no one belives me!

And no i never had to much out of my hip flasks!

All the best

Buzzer :lol:

Dear reader

Please note that in the above post the right hon. mr Buzzer's last word in his statement is "FLASKS" please identify that the use of the "s" on the word flask(singular) turns the said singular word into a plural word...... You may draw your own coclusions from the carrying of more than 1 hip flask at a time but for me.....buzzer was bladdered :lol::lol::lol:

all the best yis yp :ph34r: