another newbie from south yorkshire

maccatx

Hi Mark here just joined today, as title says from s.yorks and got my first shotgun earlier this year a Baikal 12g o/u and as yet have not had the chance to use it.Due to other shooting comittments both club and on my permission so have just started looking in earnest for somewhere fairly local to get some tuition and an idea as to wether I'll actually get on with the gun at all before approaching farmer to have it put on my permission.

After a brief look round this site seems just the place I've been looking for to get advice and help.

Mark

Hi all, im new to, and from sheffield, ive been shooting for a short time in a club, only clays and some time on range with other guns, i am just waitng for my SGC its been about 3wks and i can not wait ive realy fell in love with clay shooting its addictive and great fun but keeping safe of corse.

So i hope to be seeing you all more.

Just one last thing i work alot of hours and may not always be on line so i am sorry if i do not reply for a while some times.

:good:

Thank jay.

Hi all, im new to, and from sheffield, ive been shooting for a short time in a club, only clays and some time on range with other guns, i am just waitng for my SGC its been about 3wks and i can not wait ive realy fell in love with clay shooting its addictive and great fun but keeping safe of corse.

So i hope to be seeing you all more.

Just one last thing i work alot of hours and may not always be on line so i am sorry if i do not reply for a while some times.

:good:

Thank jay.

ill give you a big big big big tip you will have to pack the hours in m8 its a bind it gets in the way of shooting :lol:

Thanks for the welcome guys.Going on my first outing sunday weather permitting, Copper beeches shooting ground near chesterfield. It looks like a nice place on the web site and apparently comes with a little coaching.Can't wait to get there now, will keep you posted on how I get on with it sunday night.

Mark

Had my first outing and was well pleased with the result having never shot before. I turned up at the venue and was met with a warm welcome then I was took through the basics by the coach Vince who asked loads of questions and checked the fit my gun and went some way into explaining the rudiments of clay shooting.Then we were off 50 cartridges over eight stands Ithink it was.I thought vince would have disappeared after the first couple of stands but no he stayed all the way round offering advice and support all the while and fielding questions from other shooters at the same time.I set off rather badly apparently missing by approx 2feet but following vinces advice soon started hitting a couple and must admit the feeling of hitting something that small while its travelling is something else.After fifty clays I came away having hit only nine but feeling rather pleased with myself as vince gave his review and told me that almost all the last 10/12 shots were only missing by a couple of inches and how he was surprised I had'nt hit any of the easy ones, all the hits were either left to right or vice versa and one rabbit not a single down the line. needless to say I shall be having some more of this till I get competent enough to take it out into the field onto live prey.

So to round it off I had 50 cartridges, a 50 clay shoot, one to one coaching two massive cups of coffee a sausage sandwich big enough to feed two and a great big grin on my face all the way home, and all for the princely sum of £24.00 in my books thats what you call a RESULT!

Thanks to all at copper beeches and vince.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...