Not got what i paid for

col48

Lets remember why the thread started, and not the spelling or grammar.Yes it was hard to read and could easily have been spell and grammar checked, but he, Col48 is not the guilty party.It is the person that has sold poor quality product and has failed to respond to the communications that have been sent (GUN and DOG).Lets not shoot the messenger (col48).bakerboy

OK guys lets get back on post, I agree not the easiest post to decipher but I think we can all see what has happened and it does seem he has been swindled, so the person should either make good or at least be named and shamed by all on heredoc

very true and col has been very fair in saying that he just wants his money back, not a police investigation.

so does anyone know dogandgun?

It is entirely possible for genuine discs to play on one device but not on another. Quite a lot of the time it's the DVD player that's at fault because it doesn't have the ability to handle the format of the discs.

actually thats a good point i had a sony dvd player that was really fussy, my other player from tescos costing a tenner played everything. :blink:

Edited by artschool

OK guys lets get back on post, I agree not the easiest post to decipher but I think we can all see what has happened and it does seem he has been swindled, so the person should either make good or at least be named and shamed by all on here

doc

this is what spell check has just done to my post below

just re read the post and im afraid its spell checker that isproblemoblum itjumbledbuled all my words up.

It should read

Just read the post and im afraid its spell checker that is the problem it has jumbled all my words up why is this?

ATB

Colin

actually thats a good point i had a sony dvd player that was really fussy, my other player from tescos costing a tenner played everything. :blink:

I have not had a problem with any other DVDs but will try them in another if need be. it has allways played everything put in.

ATB

Colin no spell check

Edited by col48

Unless Colin went back and re-wrote his OP, i had no problem reading it and understanding what he wanted to get across, so

his grammer is not as good as some but that does not give the "grammer mafia" the right to jump all over his post and dissect his punctuation and spelling.

Colin asked for advice on a simple problem not a lesson on how he should have written his post.

Ian.

Unless Colin went back and re-wrote his OP, i had no problem reading it and understanding what he wanted to get across, so

his grammer is not as good as some but that does not give the "grammer mafia" the right to jump all over his post and dissect his punctuation and spelling.

Colin asked for advice on a simple problem not a lesson on how he should have written his post.

Ian.

The OP has been massively edited and is now quite easy to read. Originally it WAS almost impossible to read. This has nothing to do with grammar mafia, just people who wanted to help asking for clarification as to what happened or what resolution was needed.

The OP has been massively edited and is now quite easy to read. Originally it WAS almost impossible to read. This has nothing to do with grammar mafia, just people who wanted to help asking for clarification as to what happened or what resolution was needed.

well if he edited the post it looks like he took the grammar mafias advice, unless someone made him an offer he couldnt refuse :yp: :lol:

Newer players can read more disc and media formats than older ones.

Maybe it's just me but it's fairly safe to assume most PC's have some sort of media or DVD player these days surely - and if it aint got one it's easy enough to download one for free I think.

Ian.

:good: