firearms licenses

duck shooter 1

1st you need sutible land and permission to shoot on there with fac you need to prove why you need guns 2nd you will need to fill

the paper work out with reffrees after all that get a gun cabint fitted then police will check land and you out if you pass all there checks they will vist you and then issue the licences to you then run to shop and buy your guns happy days

if you have no firearms experience it may be hard for you to get centre fire for foxes but no harm in tryin good luck ..swiss

Edited by swiss.tony

What shooting experience have you got? And do you have permission to shoot on any farms with other guns (air rifle/shotgun)? If so you need to get the farmer to either write you permission or at least speak to the police to tell them he's happy for you to use that sort of gun on his land. Without land or membership of a club you will not get a FAC.

Age wise it's 17 I think.....

sorry to start a boring topic,but im wanting to apply for my fac but i don t know what the rules are .could anyone tell me ,how old must i be to get a lience?to buy a rifle my self? to use one buy my self ?and what is the best one to start with for foxes and rabbits ? chears

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/154058-getting-an-fac/page__p__1311919__fromsearch__1#entry1311919

to have a firearms license you need "good reason" and it sounds like you havent, wanting to shoot foxes and rabbits is not enough, unless your a landowner, or have permission with a problem, its doubtful

sounds like a perfect reason.

what constitutes a problem? seeing one!?

if you have land and can demonstrate that you are not a risk then good reason is covered by having land and quarry.

dont put the lad off. FAC numbers are dropping because people cant be ***** with the paperwork.

the smaller the group the more difficult it gets for us.

OP, do your homework, prepare, speak to lots of people and get everything covered.

do you shoot already,do you shoot with your dad uncle etc, do you have experience of using anyone elses?

if answer to any of those is yes then you are half way there

get some experience of fire arms with someone local, even if it is offering to hold a lamp out for rabbits. you will be surprised how many people will be willing to help if you are willing to learn and give something back

sorry to start a boring topic,but im wanting to apply for my fac but i don t know what the rules are .could anyone tell me ,how old must i be to get a lience?to buy a rifle my self? to use one buy my self ?and what is the best one to start with for foxes and rabbits ? chears

where abouts in cumbria you at bud?

• 1 month later...

Apart from speeding and the like, criminal record does not go down well. :no:

You will need BS cabinet and bone up on safety, ricochet risk etc ...

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/173038-safe-shooting/

Provided you have good reason, eg target practice (club membership) and/or permission to shoot over suitable land for rabit, vermin, fox etc you will be ok.

You may need a mentor and DSC1 for deer.

HTH

:)

yeah ive got lots of permission for land and lots of experience

TBH both of your statements contradict themselves. You ask all these questions then state you have lots of experience. My personal advice would be to go out and get some more experience preferably from someone else rather than the person you have been going out with as surely he/she should have been able to answer these questions for you without even thinking about it. :good:

There are two good reasons ( and the most comonly used ) reasons to apply for your FAC.

first is for the use of target shooting where you must be a memeber of a home office approved club for 3 months before you can apply for your FAC. If you have you FAC for target use you cannot take it onto land without an ammendment.

Secondly for the control/ destruction of vermin on approved land. you must obtain written permission signd by the landowner ( unless you own the land yourself) and the police will often visit the land for an inspection depending on what calibre you intend to use.

it varies between counties and countries in the U.K

if it is your first certificate you are unlikely to be granted large calibre centefires. you are best off applying for a .22 rim and / or .17 hmr for rabbit control and a .222 for fox. :good: