little issue with me new silver pigeon

Mr mac

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New guns don't need snap caps, if they did and there was a chance of springs or firing pins breaking snap caps would be supplied free of charge with the gun. Beretta would get sick of thousands of guns being returned for fixing firing pins with the 10 year warranty... End of.

Edited by Beretta Italy

New guns don't need snap caps, if they did and there was a chance of springs or firing pins breaking snap caps would be supplied free of charge with the gun. Beretta would get sick of thousands of guns being returned for fixing firing pins with the 10 year warranty... End of.

Good on yer, mate, it's worth a try.

I'm off to the Ford and Mazda dealers and going to tell them as my cars need diesel/petrol they should supply it free of charge.

Cheers

Good on yer, mate, it's worth a try.

I'm off to the Ford and Mazda dealers and going to tell them as my cars need diesel/petrol they should supply it free of charge.

Cheers

Dont forget a full toolkit to go with as well and some seat covers, floor mats, mudguards and any other "accessory" you fancy!

I get the same problem with my 682 Gold E, quite often the first barrel (bottom) shoots but the second (top) won't. If I shoot top barrel first it always seems ok - does the inertia switch work in two directions so I could only have the issue if I shoot bottom barrel first ?

I get the same problem with my 682 Gold E, quite often the first barrel (bottom) shoots but the second (top) won't. If I shoot top barrel first it always seems ok - does the inertia switch work in two directions so I could only have the issue if I shoot bottom barrel first ?

Yep, works both ways. Only you can say for sure, but the odds are that you shoot the lower barrel first or even only that barrel and as a result the mechanism is more worn on that "hand".

Yep - we're all very impressed with your approach in general. You obviously are a smart guy.

:lol:

Lol, It's pretty simple though really :lol: . I know what you are saying about the car not coming with covers etc but Beretta give you 10 years for all mechanical problems so you'd think, if they thought it was going to be a problem they'd sort it.

Edited by Beretta Italy

Yep, works both ways. Only you can say for sure, but the odds are that you shoot the lower barrel first or even only that barrel and as a result the mechanism is more worn on that "hand".

I will leave it shooting top barrel first then for the time being until I can get it looked at, to be honest the way I shoot it ain't gonna make much difference lol !

I will leave it shooting top barrel first then for the time being until I can get it looked at, to be honest the way I shoot it ain't gonna make much difference lol !

Not a bad idea anyway. I see it's MC so you can swap the chokes to suit and it's easier to reload the top barrel than the bottom one.

This is true and maybe I am being quick off the mark in slighting all Silver Pig 1's. But, I also have a Hatsan which has been far more reliable and has had best part of a thousand carts through it without a jam or problem of any sort.

So I understand there are good and bad out there. Personally, I won't be keeping the Silver Pig 1, it will be sold as soon as it's back from GMK.

:stupid: ill stick with the hatsan moor reliable and half the money :lol: :thumbs:

Edited by fruitloop

The thing to remember here is that the OP was under the impression that the barrel selector moved across automatically after the first shot to indicate that the other barrel was ready to fire. No gun actually does that or is supposed to do that.

We all know Spidey has had his issues with the SP1 but in the interests of balance the OP's SP1 is in fact entirely reliable, as is mine, and in fact of GMK/Beterra are to be believed, so actually is Spidey's too.

The thing to remember here is that the OP was under the impression that the barrel selector moved across automatically after the first shot to indicate that the other barrel was ready to fire. No gun actually does that or is supposed to do that.

We all know Spidey has had his issues with the SP1 but in the interests of balance the OP's SP1 is in fact entirely reliable, as is mine, and in fact of GMK/Beterra are to be believed, so actually is Spidey's too.

:stupid:

You never know spider dude, It may not even be a problem. A lot of people on here say they get a tiny bit of brown oil coming out. I'm sure if you don't oil as much this will stop. I understand though, that when you get a new gun you want to over protect it - I know I do... It's a good thing though in a way!

Mine was the same with the brown oil, its now been used a few times and the brown stuff has stopped coming out from the joint.

Agreed, even I accept I may have been hasty in my condemnation of my gun.

Did GMK comment on the water marks on the stock??

I rubbed mine with some very fine wire wool and just gave it another coat of oil and came up as good as new again.

V