Who thinks I will get my sgc??

bigpete

Hello all, been a reader on herefor about a year now.

I'm mainly into air rifles, but about 8 months ago my friend got me hooked on clay shooting and rough shooting.

Put my licence in, feo out within a week, interview went well, cabinet all ok etc, he says there should be No reason not to have one.

Things they will 'frown' on I think

About 3 years ago I was accused by an employer of fraud, (i genuinley hadnt done anything), basically trying to make me a scapegoat, I was arrested and charged, and cooperated through the year long investigation. It went to court my employer couldn't lie under oath, judge threw it out, not guilty no conviction, police got a ********** for even allowing it to get that far

During the time I saw a doctor for stress due to this but mainly due to my work (understandable I think!!) I have been to see my doc and she says there is no reason I can't have a shotgun as I'm fine now, ain't seen her in a year (I changed jobs!!) and she has written on my record I am fit to be trusted.

Other things

6 points 10 years ago, no insurance (had run out)

3 points current for answering my phone (as my wife was in labour!!)

Thing is, will he have known all this before coming out do you think??

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had 9 points given in 3 lots between 7 and 10 years ago. no issues - all mine where for speeding.

Was told if I'd had 9 points in last 3 months it might show lack of recent judgement but from that long ago spread over time then no problem.

As for stress - same as depression, the word is banded about a lot these days. We all get stressed, it's just how much and how we deal with it. Seems your doc is happy.

I suspect you'll be fine - start gun shopping. Be warned - it's addictive!

You'll be fine mate.

I've got an ABH and attempted theft on my record but both from 20 or so years ago, I've also struggled to get anyway near a clean licence in the last 15 years, I regularly get down to 3, but normally in the last few months of those three I pick up 3 more. If your 'stress' was determined as temporary, and resolved then there's no reason for it to be a problem.

If I got an SGC then you sure as Hell should! I was told it would have been different if I'd picked up the ABH in the last five years, but they understand the lack of good judgement that plagues the young!

As long as you declared it all you'll be fine :good:

It reads to me as though he didn't declare it. Otherwise, I don't understand the last comment :

"Thing is, will he have known all this before coming out do you think??"

If it wasn't declared, there might be a few awkward questions to answer. :hmm:

See above chard, I only declared my points on driving license on the form as I wasn't convicted of fraud, but I did mention it in the interview and he agreed it doesnt matter as I didn't have a conviction. It seemed like he didn't know about me being arrested for this and i thought he would,or was it part of 'the test'??

Hello all, been a reader on herefor about a year now.

I'm mainly into air rifles, but about 8 months ago my friend got me hooked on clay shooting and rough shooting.

Put my licence in, feo out within a week, interview went well, cabinet all ok etc, he says there should be No reason not to have one.

Things they will 'frown' on I think

About 3 years ago I was accused by an employer of fraud, (i genuinley hadnt done anything), basically trying to make me a scapegoat, I was arrested and charged, and cooperated through the year long investigation. It went to court my employer couldn't lie under oath, judge threw it out, not guilty no conviction, police got a bollicking for even allowing it to get that far

During the time I saw a doctor for stress due to this but mainly due to my work (understandable I think!!) I have been to see my doc and she says there is no reason I can't have a shotgun as I'm fine now, ain't seen her in a year (I changed jobs!!) and she has written on my record I am fit to be trusted.

Other things

6 points 10 years ago, no insurance (had run out)

3 points current for answering my phone (as my wife was in labour!!)

Thing is, will he have known all this before coming out do you think??

YES, it is standard to do checks before visit in every police area I know, and those checks will show up everything he is interested in!

Edited by Dekers

Firstly I admire your honesty, as long as you declared everything and your gp confirms what you said about the stress you'll be fine, probably will just take a bit longer well the old bill verify what you've said,

Don't worry you'll soon be blazing away :good:

when i had my interview,i was asked"have you been in trouble with police before",i replied "no",the FEO,said what about such and such,which i had completly forgot about,(altercation with a ********),but infact we had a laugh about it,SGC came 3 weeks later...youll be fine mate,...

DAZ