Clock Method follow up!

As promised I went out this morning to check on the clock and the bait I laid for the other foxes. When you watch the video you will see that this fox is quite regular so I know exactly what time I need to be on site! I've now steaked out a chicken for her last supper! The other fox had taken the rabbit so I have baited up again with a dead chicken to establish a bait station there and in a few days I will start the clock ticking for that one as well. As an added bonus I managed to take a quick left and right with the Over and Under for a pair of blackies!

Now at just after 7:00 I am going to take the dog for a walk and have a look at another farm with the 243 to try to nail a fox that we saw on Thursday! Wish me luck guys!

Here's the video from this morning:

Edited by Frenchieboy

As promised I went out this morning to check on the clock and the bait I laid for the other foxes. When you watch the video you will see that this fox is quite regular so I know exactly what time I need to be on site! I've now steaked out a chicken for her last supper! The other fox had taken the rabbit so I have baited up again with a dead chicken to establish a bait station there and in a few days I will start the clock ticking for that one as well. As an added bonus I managed to take a quick left and right with the Over and Under for a pair of blackies!

Now at just after 7:00 I am going to take the dog for a walk and have a look at another farm with the 243 to try to nail a fox that we saw on Thursday! Wish me luck guys!

Here's the video from this morning:

great follow up pete you have to shoot it on video to keep the story going mate might be a tad hard in dark like but wood be nice to see a shot

great follow up pete you have to shoot it on video to keep the story going mate might be a tad hard in dark like but wood be nice to see a shot

I'll have a go mate but I don't know if my camcorder will pick it up very well on the lamp as it doesn't have "Night Shot" on it.

Nout to loose by trying though!

Thanks Pete im so glad i contacted you i expexted just an eamil but the work you have put in and supplying vidoes is just more than anyone could ask for, there are lots of people getting into foxing and i think these videos should be pinned for use by future members i know you have helped me i took one last night within five minutes from the day before. stops all that wasting time.

Thanks Nigel :good::good:

Thanks Pete im so glad i contacted you i expexted just an eamil but the work you have put in and supplying vidoes is just more than anyone could ask for, there are lots of people getting into foxing and i think these videos should be pinned for use by future members i know you have helped me i took one last night within five minutes from the day before. stops all that wasting time.

Thanks Nigel :good::good:

Hi again Nigel. I'm happy that it worked for you and you ended up with the "result" you were after! Foxes are "normally" pretty regular and punctual animals so using the alarm clock method can often save a lot of wasted time just sitting out and watching so the few days spent setting up the baitstation and then setting up the clock can often pay dividends!

In answer to the few that asked - Yes, I did nail the vixen at about 20 past 12 the other night but there was no sign of any cub! - This was not quite as soon as I had hoped to get her but I had to wait for a break in the weather as I do not enjoy getting soaked and cold newadays and the weather around here has been very unpredictable (In fact bl00dy terible) - It was different when I started out on foxes on the lamp with lurchers some 30 odd years ago, I was younger, stronger and much fitter then!

I could not video the vixen's demise as my video does not have a night shot facility and I chose not to put a photo up of her as she was taken with a head shot from behind using the .243 - Not a pretty sight!

I have always believed that if I can help someone out by using a little bit of my spare time (Something that I seem to have plenty of nowadays) then that bit of time spent was used in a worth while manner! Having said that I realise that I do not know it all and that I still have much to learn myself but there are a few pretty good teachers on here for me to learn from!

Happy Hunting Mate! :good:

Hi again Nigel. I'm happy that it worked for you and you ended up with the "result" you were after! Foxes are "normally" pretty regular and punctual animals so using the alarm clock method can often save a lot of wasted time just sitting out and watching so the few days spent setting up the baitstation and then setting up the clock can often pay dividends!

In answer to the few that asked - Yes, I did nail the vixen at about 20 past 12 the other night but there was no sign of any cub! - This was not quite as soon as I had hoped to get her but I had to wait for a break in the weather as I do not enjoy getting soaked and cold newadays and the weather around here has been very unpredictable (In fact bl00dy terible) - It was different when I started out on foxes on the lamp with lurchers some 30 odd years ago, I was younger, stronger and much fitter then!

I could not video the vixen's demise as my video does not have a night shot facility and I chose not to put a photo up of her as she was taken with a head shot from behind using the .243 - Not a pretty sight!

I have always believed that if I can help someone out by using a little bit of my spare time (Something that I seem to have plenty of nowadays) then that bit of time spent was used in a worth while manner! Having said that I realise that I do not know it all and that I still have much to learn myself but there are a few pretty good teachers on here for me to learn from!

Happy Hunting Mate! :good:

Well done m8 with the vid and taking time to help others ,we need more of this from people on here ,there is a few who jump on you for the slightest thing we (me) are still learning your never to old to learn

Top idea with the clock french!

I have to admit that it was not my idea si I can not take the credit for it. The alarm clock method has been used for years but there were several members that had heard of it but didn't know how to set it up so all I have done is shown them how it's done.

I'm not that clever to have dreamed up such a usefull idea mate - I'm just a very long in the tooth country bumpkin! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

brilliant filming frenchie,would loved to have seen the final shot.

Unfortunately my camcorder does not have a "night shot" facility so I could not film it. However the vixen was shot from the point that I showed on the video - A range of about 50 yards, with my .234 using a home loaded shot with a 70gr Blitz King head. It was a head shot from behind with the bullet hitting home straight between the ears and as such it was an awful mess so I would not even put a photo up of her as she was missing most of the front of her head, not the sort of photo that would please a lot of people!

well done frenchie glad to hear you got the shot and did the job in the end :) iam certainly going to have a go with the clock method in the near future as theres a fox thats had more than its share of my rabbits and the farmers wifes chickens...great vids get more up with the .17hmr :) ive got a cz455 .17hmr thumbhole laminated stock its a great rabbit stopper...atb mate :good: