Compact sporting

garjo

There are several versions of Compact sporting based on different ways of spelling Compact plus a version called Sportrap.

They are all very similar in that it comprises 25 birds shot 5 birds from each of 5 cages set about 6 feet apart in a straight line.

There are 3 combinations of birds from each cage comprising a single and two pairs,either on reportor simultaneous.

Sportrap is recognised by the CPSA,another form of Compact is governed by FITASC.

Vic.

Edited by VicW

I did it for first time at Southdowns 2 weeks ago, £8.00/25 bird :good: one of the Best ways to waste a Sunday morning :yes:

DSC01100.jpg

atvb

sg1

£8? 8 whole shiney English pounds?? I paid £4 on Sunday, think I got abit of a bargain :D

For the pedantic there are really only two "official" disciplines that we are talking about here both very similar but with distinctive differences. The British version, as endorsed by the CPSA, is Sportrap and the rest of Europe (and most of the world) shoot Compak administered by FITASC. The rules for both these disciples can be downloaded from the respective websites.

As an example one of the differences is that with Sportrap shooter No. 1 always starts the new round of 5 birds from all 5 stands whereas in Compak there are six shooters for 5 stands with 1 shooter always waiting behind stand 1. The shooter in stand 1 always starts the sequence first, He/She has had a chance to see the targets whilst waiting (except for shooter 1 on the first sequence)

All these other variations, Compact, Compaq etc are usually either Sportrap or variations on Sportrap at the whim of the ground owner.

Whichever variety I thoroughly enjoy shooting this (except at Worsley!).

Anyway that's enough of the pedantic stuff, got to dash I've got to iron my shoelaces ready for work and when that's done the pencils need re-measuring I'm convinced that one second from the end is 1/32" longer than the others, can't be doing with it!!

Mr Potter