what are jimnys like off road

oneshot1986

Very capable!

I've only had mine for 18 months or so, but it got us through the worst snow up here in ages... Never got stuck once.

I regularly take mine off road up at the farm, and it's a great wee motor.

I put some cheap "Infinity" chunky tyres on it (off Fleabay) and they've proved pretty good.

So far touch wood Ive not got stuck in ours and I take mine around the shoot. I was also shocked that despite how wet it was last pheasant season I never once needed to go into 4x4 not even in a patch that a ford ranger had to be towed out of and ours only has standard road tyres on ! So am happy although I wouldnt mind getting a pair of grippy big tred tyres to slap on the back when the mud is deep !

Am a happy jimny owner and have no reason to change it unless I wish to start towing or shooting out of a sunroof ! It gets me and another gun / lamper/shooter + dogs and kit around everywhere I ask it to take me !

:good:

treat your self to some good tyres and there will be no stopping her,had road duellers in the snow never missed a beat but now bought a full set of ats and goes any where its as good as the driver in the mud,i kept the same size tyre some people use a bigger tyre to use bfgs and get a bit more clearance,but mine goes well in the mud

It doesn't have any sophisticated transmission or traction control, the reason it's so good is the light weight. It's worth remembering this if you plan to load it up with stuff.

With just one or two people in it you'll be amazed where it will go, I was a regular at a local pay-n-play offroad course and the little Suzukis were often going places Defenders could only dream of.

It doesn't have any sophisticated transmission or traction control, the reason it's so good is the light weight. It's worth remembering this if you plan to load it up with stuff.

With just one or two people in it you'll be amazed where it will go, I was a regular at a local pay-n-play offroad course and the little Suzukis were often going places Defenders could only dream of.

Absolutely. I never got my little sj410 stuck. Wish i hadn't sold it. :bye2:

Had mine a few years now and it has normal road tyres on only been stuck twice ,once in a ditch and the other in a thick bog ,mine spends more time off road than on and has taken plenty of stick (just ask a few guys on here lol) it helps that its so light ,love mine for getting around tho think i will need a new 1 before to long :blush: