turbo flappers

yickdaz

right chaps i,m after a couple of turbo flappers but i can only find one dealer who sells them at the min which is A1 decoys, they auction them off all the time on ebay, i,m looking for a heads up on who else supplies them, they are not cheap if you purchase them with a battery, and intermitent timer which you need, i rang direct to see what they would cost and was quoted £200 for 2 with timer and battery :oops:

I think what sets these apart is the speed mimicking that quick flap a pigeon does just as it is about to land.

But they are quite expensive I have to agree. When I looked at the options I went for this for the sake of £20 more than another decent one would have cost. Also tried to buy them off eBay but with postage was working out about £6 saved at most. At the end they did a decent deal over the phone and gave an excellent service.

I think what sets these apart is the speed mimicking that quick flap a pigeon does just as it is about to land.

But they are quite expensive I have to agree. When I looked at the options I went for this for the sake of £20 more than another decent one would have cost. Also tried to buy them off eBay but with postage was working out about £6 saved at most. At the end they did a decent deal over the phone and gave an excellent service.

hi cos, have you one of these turbo flappers. joe ???

I think there the best on the market but still preffer the rotary .Used 1 the other day with decoying mad and nothing came to near so turned it off put rotary up and birds came in from the off . think they will do a good turn on winter rape with a few of them going :yes:

I have seen one operate on three occasions and haven't been that impressed.

Each time it was in crops and looked more like a "distressed" pigeon doing a panic take-off, than a landing pigeon.

Birds were definitely spooking from it and we eventually brought it in and the birds returned.

It may look better on drillings.

I often use the "slower" flapper and that works well, not just on the ground, but especially mounted on a stick over standing crops with a rook or pigeon on it.

I used my turbo flapper in conjunction with a magnet yesterday. I was shooting over rape stubble. Once i'd got in the right place, the pigeons came pouring in. I shot 57 in 2 hours, making my total bag of 60. I was shooting left and rights nearly every time, with birds landing amongst the pattern, too.

I used my turbo flapper in conjunction with a magnet yesterday. I was shooting over rape stubble. Once i'd got in the right place, the pigeons came pouring in. I shot 57 in 2 hours, making my total bag of 60. I was shooting left and rights nearly every time, with birds landing amongst the pattern, too.

well done mate. :good:

Nice one!

Deadly duo the magnet with the turbo flapper!

I haven't had a chance to try them together on harvest yet, and the missus has booked 16 days holiday as from Monday, bang in the middle of harvest :mad:

thats what i was thinking about using it over rape stubble due to birds hovering and flapping just above the stubble looking for a place to land avoiding the stalks so a flapper should mimic them.

Re the turbo flapper my husband and I went out on some rape stubble yesterday and firstly set up the rotary with hypa flaps and then after shooting 2 birds

we put the turbos to work. We ended up with 114. We think that they are well built and work realy well. The only problem is that there is only one supplier, either on flee bay or from A1.

There is a site where you can see the turbo work but you cannot buy it from them. Lets hope that UKSW will get in touch with the makers rotorcoy and open up a supply .

Any way my old man said that he will still use the rotary with the turbo flapper as well. :) :)

thats what i was thinking about using it over rape stubble due to birds hovering and flapping just above the stubble looking for a place to land avoiding the stalks so a flapper should mimic them.

I must say, they do look realistic at distance. Only problem is setting the bird up properly. If the bird you choose has a smashed up wing - as opposed to just the one break close to the body - then the flapping action doesn't look right.

Re the turbo flapper my husband and I went out on some rape stubble yesterday and firstly set up the rotary with hypa flaps and then after shooting 2 birds

we put the turbos to work. We ended up with 114. We think that they are well built and work realy well. The only problem is that there is only one supplier, either on flee bay or from A1.

There is a site where you can see the turbo work but you cannot buy it from them. Lets hope that UKSW will get in touch with the makers rotorcoy and open up a supply .

Any way my old man said that he will still use the rotary with the turbo flapper as well. :) :)

rotorcoy sell turbo flappers