Question Re Amy Winehouse

four-wheel-drive

Is she not a victim of the society we are all a part of?

Bling, celebrity, material-things, lack of community, lack of respect, lack of taking responsibility for your own actions ...... the list goes on. The negative influences get ever more "in your face" from the newspapers, magazines, tv and the web etc

The skills that young people need to overcome these pressures and influences are rarer and less valued in this country.

I doubt she had any training to become a "celeb" and just did not cope. Yes, she made some bad decisions. I hope some other parents use her as an example of how things can go horribly wrong when bad decisions are taken.

I reckon she would have gone that way anyway, fame and fortune just let her exploit drugs more. Otherwise she would have gone the usual smack head route and done it by prostitution and stealing. We can all blame society but its personal choice at the end of the day, you don't have to do drugs till they kill you most of us don't.

I don't understand where a lot of posters are getting the idea that Amy Winehouse was an angel :look:

What I have picked up in this and earlier posts is that some folk expressed their liking for the obvious talent she had as a singer. The fact that she was an addict was sad - I'd give that much to anyone with an addiction

The problem of how you break an addiction once started seems an easy thing to many of those who have expressed their opinion about her being able to stop if she had wanted. Please, please, please get in touch with the British Medical Society and in fact the world's medical society to let them know how you have simplified the problems of curing people's addictions!

Can I ask how many have tried to stop smoking but never managed yet? How many go out for a SOCIAL drink every week or even every other night or less? By the way, alcohol addiction causes far more to the NHS to solve than drugs do at the last time I checekd out statistics - that may no longer be the case.

However, I am really pleased to be in such strong and well controlled/disciplined company :P

May I wish you all good life, health, freedom from personal desires or the means to satisfy these as and when you decide the time comes for that. How do you fit in all your monastic services and followings and still fit in shooting - fishing etc? :hmm:

all the best lads and lasses. :good:

Pushkin B) :D:lol::D:lol:

Edited by Pushkin

I don't understand where a lot of posters are getting the idea that Amy Winehouse was an angel :look:

What I have picked up in this and earlier posts is that some folk expressed their liking for the obvious talent she had as a singer. The fact that she was an addict was sad - I'd give that much to anyone with an addiction

The problem of how you break an addiction once started seems an easy thing to many of those who have expressed their opinion about her being able to stop if she had wanted. Please, please, please get in touch with the British Medical Society and in fact the world's medical society to let them know how you have simplified the problems of curing people's addictions!

Can I ask how many have tried to stop smoking but never managed yet? How many go out for a SOCIAL drink every week or even every other night or less? By the way, alcohol addiction causes far more to the NHS to solve than drugs do at the last time I checekd out statistics - that may no longer be the case.

However, I am really pleased to be in such strong and well controlled/disciplined company :P

May I wish you all good life, health, freedom from personal desires or the means to satisfy these as and when you decide the time comes for that. How do you fit in all your monastic services and followings and still fit in shooting - fishing etc? :hmm:

all the best lads and lasses. :good:

Pushkin B) :D:lol::D:lol:

Some valid points about addiction. However many of our members get withdrawal symptoms if they can gt out an shoot something living at least every couple of days. :lol::lol:

I thought it was a bit vulgar that so many 'fans' put empty vodka bottles and Stella cans next to the flowers, that's a bit like emptying spent shell cases onto a shrine for a shooting victim.

Reminds me of that Bill Hicks quote:

"Have you noticed a lot of Christian wear crosses round their necks...do you think when Jesus comes back he wants to see another ******* cross?!!"

people like her and every other drug takin muppet deserve all they get [its the family that dont take drugs that are left to pick up the pieces]there are far far too many people in this world that pass before thier time threw no fault what so ever of thier own .

yes i have a jaded/bias out look on this as my 16 year old daughter got out of my car and collapsed and died and she had never been a pick of trouble in her all too short life [died threw lupus].

these muppits who live life for drugs and die because of them get NO SYMPATHY from me as they took the choice to take drugs knowing what may be the conciquence and then you have the all to many people like my daughter who never had a choice

I am sorry you lost your daughter must have been a tough time for you,but I do have to ask if you would feel the same if her death was caused by drugs or drink ? would you have thought she was a muppet who deserved it ? I think not.

there are 100s of kids who die each year through addiction to drugs not low lifes as some like to call them but once decent kids brought up by decent hard working families , it only takes one mistake and you can end up hooked ,its so easy for kids tody tho access drugs especialy if like her they have money ,no doubt a dealers dream ( the real lowlife).

We all like to think our children would never end up like that because we are bringing them up "right" no doubt MR Winehouse thought he had brought Amy up right and his little girl would not become a drug addict,no doubt he loved his daughter as you loved yours.

I wonder how many people who have posted these "she deserved" it type posts on various forums ,youtube etc will have there remarks bite them in the backside in times to come.

sad old world when even after someones death at the young age of 27 some still seemingly find a need to bad mouth, if youve got nowt good to say about her keep it to yourself, easy enough aint it.

KW