CenterParcs Sherwood Forest

Nicky T

Off to Center Parcs in Sherwood Forest in September, outside of the school holidays for a week.

Keep getting emails from them encouraging me to pre-book actrivities for the family (taking the folks who are both retired, plus Mrs T and our 2 year old son), so is there anything worth pre-booking or is it a case of suss things out when we're there :hmm:

No need to book anything at that time if year. Schools back and they have designed everything to cope with large numbers. Having been quiet a few times over the years, 3 times already in 2011 and 2 more booked we have never been unable to do stuff. The only thing that books it the women fitness classes.

As a suggestion book a 3 hour spa session and book the little one into the time out club, it works out the cheap.

Even if you don't do spas, get a magazine and have a snooze watching for totty.

Yeah, I suggest booking into the local doctors for antibiotics.

We went to the Centre Parcs at Suffolk when our kids were small, they both got ear infections from the germ-fest that is the pool. We spent more time at the local quacks than CP and ended up going home early.

Enjoy!

No need to book anything at that time if year. Schools back and they have designed everything to cope with large numbers. Having been quiet a few times over the years, 3 times already in 2011 and 2 more booked we have never been unable to do stuff. The only thing that books it the women fitness classes.

As a suggestion book a 3 hour spa session and book the little one into the time out club, it works out the cheap.

Even if you don't do spas, get a magazine and have a snooze watching for totty.

That's the brownie points sorted then :good: Cheers :good:

No need for the Time Out Club with Grand Parents in tow :lol:

Edited by Nicky T

Yeah, I suggest booking into the local doctors for antibiotics.

We went to the Centre Parcs at Suffolk when our kids were small, they both got ear infections from the germ-fest that is the pool. We spent more time at the local quacks than CP and ended up going home early.

Enjoy!

Also stock up on dysentery medication! :yp:

:lol: the old man is a retired GP and mum a retired nurse of 40 years so we'll cope ;)

Now, onto the important stuff - how far away is Orston Shooting Ground? :hmm:

:lol: the old man is a retired GP and mum a retired nurse of 40 years so we'll cope ;)

we had a good weekend there a couple of years ago. Don't forget they do laser clays on site...once I realised they don't need any lead I cleaned up. Pretended I had never shot before in case I was ****, thrashed a load of kids and old ladies and won a medal...the only shooting award I have ever won and I'm too ashamed to display it :blush:

If you are doing really badly just aim at the stack of clays in the trap and it will register a hit...or so I am told.. :blush:

Orston is about 45 minutes away. If you book shooting through centre parks you'll probably go to Oxton. Mostly skeet but does have a fitasc layout.

If you fancy some local sporting try cocketts farm.

Edited by Kron

Go to the spa, ditch the family if you can :lol:

Take lots of money, it's only the swimming that's free and for everything else they will "nickel and dime you" all day long.

As per what Matt says, I caught flu there.

My 2p, if you go book a villa with a sauna; it was quite nice having that baby running full belt 24/7 - oh yes, the only free things are swimming and the electricity to your villa :lol:

Go to the spa, ditch the family if you can :lol:

Take lots of money, it's only the swimming that's free and for everything else they will "nickel and dime you" all day long.

As per what Matt says, I caught flu there.

My 2p, if you go book a villa with a sauna; it was quite nice having that baby running full belt 24/7 - oh yes, the only free things are swimming and the electricity to your villa :lol:

Spa booked; family ditched :good:

The sauna will be on - have no fear about that :lol:

• 3 months later...

Bit of a pointless thread bump,

Got back from Elvedon CP yesterday had a great time.

Went with swmbo, no kids. I've been before anyway and the only things we booked were the spa session (a must) and an evening meal.

The place is a rip off but it can be done cheaply, take your food/drink ect.

A surprise hit was the nature observation hut, we spent ages in there watching muntjac and birds.

Wish I had an air rifle the amount of grey squirrels was staggering!