Recommend some wellies

shootingmike

Hi all,

As the new season is nearly upon us, I could do with some wellies. I've had some Toggi wanderers with full length zips for quite a few years but they now leak at the bottom of the zip (lesson learned).

I don't want to spend fortunes but I do like neoprene linings as my feet feel the cold. I was looking at Muck boots (Tay) and they seem well liked, but think I might prefer a gusset top (but no zip again) as they're easier to slip on for quick trips to the dog pen etc.

Any suggestions??

Aigle Parcours - 3 types

1 = plain summer wellies

2 = Vario - side gussets for "big boys"

3 = iso - neoprene winter wellies

you will never look back :good:

they seem to last for ages - 10 year !! and are designed for 'walking' in - very comfy and great grip in ice / mud etc.

If you feel like pushing the boat out - look at Le Chameau Chasseur Boots :blush:

Best winter wellies I've ever had were Eiger with removable wool and foil woven liners. Now you mention it I need some more before the winter. I assume they're still available.

I do know they came from a fishing shop not a gun shop. Possibly a better place to look for wellies?

Hi all,

As the new season is nearly upon us, I could do with some wellies. I've had some Toggi wanderers with full length zips for quite a few years but they now leak at the bottom of the zip (lesson learned).

I don't want to spend fortunes but I do like neoprene linings as my feet feel the cold. I was looking at Muck boots (Tay) and they seem well liked, but think I might prefer a gusset top (but no zip again) as they're easier to slip on for quick trips to the dog pen etc.

Any suggestions??

I just got some Hunter Balmoral 2nds off ebay for £54 - meant to be £125 I believe. Not as thick rubber or good sole unit as my old ones but still look good enough for a cpl of years and you cant tell there's anything wrong with them !

GUMLEAF neoprene ones. Warmest winter wellies I've had and my feet really feel the cold. Not cheap, but not stupidly expensive either. Got mine from one of the 'horsey' shops. About £60 if I remember right.

I've just bought my second pair of gumleafs. Had the first pair for 7 years and still nothing wrong with them apart from a a broken zip pull. New ones have a slightly thicker neoprene footbed. Buy a size bigger, your feet will be warmer as the extra space aids circulation.

cheers,

Avoid Hunter's, they're ****. I hear good things about Muckboots Tay but haven't tried a pair myself.

Mine have been fine worn 4 or 5 times per week in season and 2 to 3 out of had em 3 yrs no probs. Just cant bring myself to pay £100+ for wellies !!