Report from Gods Country

Tam

The Minch was like a mill pond yesterday so headed round to Loch Ewe in search of Cod. The skipper put us bang on the fish ;) We must have landed 30ish Ling beetween us including a couple keeping size :good: I also caught 2 x Cod 4/5lb Size

Not as smooth today but still fair so we headed out in to the Minch heading for "Rhona Bank" on the way there we saw a pod of Dolphins heading in to Gairloch & some Minkie Whales heading to the mark :good: We had a good day with a good few fair sized Ling & saw an Otter playing in the shallows on the way back in.

010-4.jpg

008-3.jpg

090-1.jpg

looks like you had a great day out there, good fish and lovely scenery......

however wouldl like to point out that God actually comes from Yorkshire!

cheers mick :yes:

Hi all

God is all about giving so he could never be a yorkshireman unless he is a short arms and deep pockets kind of god

Geordie

Look good Tam, think even I would be able to keep my breakfast down on those calm waters!! :blush:

Maybe the last couple of days Mark but we usually see some white caps on the waves :cry1::sick: Never been too woried yet & we have headed home in some rough seas :o The boat is stable & capable of handling more than I would like but safety is foremost - we have got in to a habit of wearing lifejackets as soon as we step on board ;) Heading back from Loch Ewe on tuesday I wished I had more fuel - the Shaint Islands were looking good & the Inner Minch was like a Mill pond B)

The mainland in the first picture was probably 8 miles away & Rhona in 2nd picture 2/3 miles :blink:

Edited by Tam

Out again today - bit rough but just trying to catch some bait to barter for Squat Lobsters ;) Hard going with very few mackerel showing on the usual marks :hmm: The skipper decided to head across to the north shore & dropped in behind Longa Island :good: Bingo, hit a shoal on first drop & after a few drifts had enough to barter - Tam caught some good sized Mackies that were slipped in to the cool box for smoking when we get home :yes: :yes: :yes: Anyway boat out the water tomorow & back to the grindstone next week :/

looks like you had a great day out there, good fish and lovely scenery......

however wouldl like to point out that God actually comes from Yorkshire!

cheers mick :yes:

Indeed Sir, you are correct :good:

The OP made a typo in the heading since he must have meant "Cods country" :lol:

That is a very beautiful Gurnard :yes: top photos :good:

Edited by malkiserow