hull comp x any good

Seen some hull comp x load in 28gr fibre and they are very cheap but ive never used these before so any thoughts welcome.I will be using them on decoyed pigeon but i dont want to start a big debate on that just the quality of shell please.

Seen some hull comp x load in 28gr fibre and they are very cheap but ive never used these before so any thoughts welcome.I will be using them on decoyed pigeon but i dont want to start a big debate on that just the quality of shell please.

Im using the 21gm fibre load for clays, I bought these as my wife decided she wanted to go shooting so I thought a light load would be the way forward. Lets say im well impressed I am getting great breaks at range (when I hit them!!) and at £147 per thou they aint the dearest. I rpobably wouldnt use them on fur or feather though. I am a huge Hull fan and my prefered game load is the 30gm size 5 fibre wad.

cheers

Nutty

Edited by nuttyspaniel

I use the 28g fibre for clays, def. softer than Eley 1sts but won't work in either of my Hatsan autos, they cycle the action OK (slower than the Eley) but as they are 2-3mm shorter if I put 2 in the mag they both come out together when the action cycles (either by hand or by firing) so now I have to load 1 in the chamber and 1 in the mag (or use my O/U). Wish I hadn't bought 2000 of them :)

I went out today to shoot some driven clays. The wife came along to button for me, I told her dont wait for me to say pull when Im loaded let them go!!!!!! Almost 75 bird flush singles and doubles, often 3 in the air at 1 time!!! I moved postion twice to get different angles 20 mins later all done and nothing felt in the shoulder. The moral? Compx 21grms are soft and break clays well, and B dont tell the wife to let fly with the clays!!!

cheers

nutty