Lowther

vulpicide

will be there also 2 mins down road for me and we have a stand (penrith and district red squirrel group) hope to get time to have a look about (will make time) so will pop over to say Hi all being well :good:

lets hope this rain goes away as the area it is set up on can be a wet hole , lots of stuff allready set up on the field , will be setting up on friday

Edited by rsrjerry

It's a good show, or used to be but a tad wet for parking on grass only.If you are going to the shoot area make sure you keep to the right on your way in otherwise it's a long walk with your gun. You can park right on the clay line.I hope to be going up on Sunday.I don't know what the prizes are this time around but I do have several cut glass rose bowls from down the years. from Auntie. :good:

It's a good show, or used to be but a tad wet for parking on grass only.If you are going to the shoot area make sure you keep to the right on your way in otherwise it's a long walk with your gun. You can park right on the clay line.I hope to be going up on Sunday.I don't know what the prizes are this time around but I do have several cut glass rose bowls from down the years. from Auntie. :good:

The Clay shooting is in a different area than it used to be when it was lowther horse driving trails ..near the main show area .. been past today and loads of tents going up or already up .. it has rained all day today here but does not look too muddy as yet :look:

The Clay shooting is in a different area than it used to be when it was lowther horse driving trails ..near the main show area .. been past today and loads of tents going up or already up .. it has rained all day today here but does not look too muddy as yet :look:

Can shooters park close or at the clayline? from Auntie :hmm:

Don't worry about the mud,there's always plenty of keen young lads on tractors just itching for the chance to pull a 4x4 from the field!My nephews one of 'em! :good:

Not bothered about the mud , :blink: just the distance involved walking with gun, 200 cartridges and wet weather stuff, i stopped going to the CLA 'cause by the time i'de hiked 3/4 of a mile to the clay area my arms were about 2 inches longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: from Auntie. :oops:

Edited by 100milesaway

Sorry,can't tell you about parking near the clay-line.When it was Lowther Horse driving Trials you kept in the right-hand lane for the clay-line,but now it's Countryman Fairs,the clay shooting position has apparently been changed,which is a shame,as you always shot against a background of coniferous trees,which highlighted orange clays.Give jerry a pm,perhaps he knows.

Not bothered about the mud , :blink: just the distance involved walking with gun, 200 cartridges and wet weather stuff, i stopped going to the CLA 'cause by the time i'de hiked 3/4 of a mile to the clay area my arms were about 2 inches longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: from Auntie. :oops:

Been past this morning and looked at the signs on purpose for you .. basically you go past the entrance you would of used to go in(when it was lowther horse driving trails) over the cattle grid and down the hill and the clay traps are all set up on the field by the castle and plenty of signs saying shooters , looks like shooters park right next to the clay shooting area .hope this helps :good: going to set up stand this afternoon so if i find anything else out will give you the heads up

Edited by rsrjerry

We should be there Late Saturday & Sunday @ Paul aka "The Pigeon Shooter's" Stand :good: I will be walkabout to hopefully meet anyone attending & be wearing a PW polo shirt (probably have a black lab in tow :yes: )might even buy you a beer (if I can persuade Hopper to drive ne home :hmm::lol: Anyone shooting clays on sunday please PM & we can meet up for a laugh @ my shooting :lol: or anyone that fancies it but a bit unsure = please join us :good: