Restoration of .22 pistols to Section 1.

fabpeter

Although in theory it shouldn't make any difference - in reality I don't think the current rioting etc is going to help the cause at all. It's just not the right climate for it.

The best scenario is probably after the olympics. If there are no more firearms incidents, economy turns the corner so there is more of a "feelgood factor", Olympics go well, GBR team does really well and maybe we bag a few shooting medals. Then, just maybe, there might be a bit of support for bringing back handguns for purely sporting use.

Just my thoughts :good:

Trouble is, how do you get to be a high end competitor if you can't practice?

Fly outside the uk (if you can afford that then why come back?) or use air.... It's not like there arent hand guns in the uk its just that "target shooting" is not a good enough reason to get one..... They exist in Police/Military and limited private hands...(for a few reasons Private VIP security Guards, ex Security forces staff and politicians as well as others) Why there can't be a few places where you can go and shoot them on the ranges (Bisley etc) I dont understand

I know that the chance of getting .22 pistols back on Section 1 is a real longshot, but every signature to this petition is a step nearer to making the point heard.

Please persevere with getting signed on and encourage as many of your associates, both shooters and non-shooters, to do likewise.

I should say, at this point, that I am not the originator of the petition.

Regards to all, Peter.

Edited by fabpeter

Yes I've used a LB semi-auto .22LR at the range.....great fun.

Anybody interested in campaigning for the return of ALL pistols including C/F calibres may want to look at e-petition 1469 on the same website.

I'll sign up to that one as well, as soon as I can get on the site. Always seems to be busy..................mmmm...funny that!

Peter.

Edited by fabpeter

I'll sign up to that one as well, as soon as I can get on the site. Always seems to be busy..................mmmm...funny that!

Peter.

Thats the antis "snowing" the site. Log in and then go away leaving you computer logged in without voting. It stops others getting on if enough people do it. Its been used before on voting websites.

Edited by Vince Green