is there

black hat

as far as i know there is not a session for shooting rabbit is there ,i normaly leave does this time of year as young may still be below but am i right that we can keep numbers down all year legaly

black hat :blush:

There is no season Black hat but you would do well to live them to breed so you have a later surplas.

LB

you try leaving them to breed m8 the next time you go to that farm i reckon you will find somebody else there rabbits cause £60 million pounds worth of damage a year and for the last two years ive had more rabbits with the rimmy lamping in the summer than ferreting and snaring in the winter

black hat,

As stated there is no season, except the farmers season.

By all means don't shoot the milky does at this time of year ( for breeding purposes :P ) but don't forget to keep calling and leaving some evidence that you have been there, or the farmer might not ask you back. :lol:

:P

How many rabbits you choose to shoot for me comes down to whether its pest control or not. If you are asked to shoot for pest control, then you should consider your position and shoot what you can when you can, until you are happy that the numbers have been reduced to a happy medium.

If its for the pot then you should take care to shoot only what you need and avoid shooting milky does and kits. But keep an eye on the condition of the rabbits. Check them out when thoroughly looking for signs of possible disease. If they are riddled with fleas, its a sure sign that Mixy will soon rear its ugly head. At the same time if you notice Mixy in the rabbits you should step up a gear and reduce the numbers.

Which ever way you approach it, a happy medium is what your after. :blush:

shoot them any time

you try leaving them to breed m8 the next time you go to that farm i reckon you will find somebody else there rabbits cause £60 million pounds worth of damage a year and for the last two years ive had more rabbits with the rimmy lamping in the summer than ferreting and snaring in the winter

you are dead right there mate.

Edited by Teal

I need two rabbits a day just for the ferret before i do anything else with them and farmers aint fussy if its a milky doe or a old buck i take as long as there rid of them .Theres a load of farms open up to me after the shooting season because farmer see the young rabbits about the place and the guns are finished for the season ,i cant understand how guys that just kill rabbits with a r in the month still have any ground left to go on

• 4 weeks later...

Take rabbits in any month with an "r" in it was the advice given to me.

LS

What more do you need to know ..... The good Lord has said it all !!!!

all the best yis yp :yes:

:good: i'd take rabbits in any month with 28 days in it! :lol:

Thing is old chap , you use a pop gun , so i would have thought , taking quarry like rabbit , was well out of your league :huh:

all the best yis yp :huh: