range rover / x5

silpig5

my td5 disco is going soon , made mind up . but what to replace it with .

decided that when i change it will be a nicer motor that wont be used across fields , just up to them !

mrs like a high motor as she doesnt like a low seat , my 328coupe was the first casualty of this followed by the v8 7 series so its got to be a 4x4

any one hve knowledge of either , all i know is bmw should be better on mpg and a bit quicker .

im looking at around 13-14 grand which looks like a 04 plate on either although ive seen newer bmw for the same dosh .

my td5 disco is going soon , made mind up . but what to replace it with .

decided that when i change it will be a nicer motor that wont be used across fields , just up to them !

mrs like a high motor as she doesnt like a low seat , my 328coupe was the first casualty of this followed by the v8 7 series so its got to be a 4x4

any one hve knowledge of either , all i know is bmw should be better on mpg and a bit quicker .

im looking at around 13-14 grand which looks like a 04 plate on either although ive seen newer bmw for the same dosh .

TBH you'll look like a drug dealer in both !! S'pose rangey will be 1/2 decent off road. X5 most definitely is NOT !

silpig 5

the question you need to ask yourself

If Mrs Silpig is a footballers wife or pop star- Range Rover. :lol:

If She Sells nefarious powders, resins or dried plants X5 :lol:

In seriousness, out of the two i'd choose the Range Rover - the X5 is a large repair bill waiting to happen. if it was my money i'd be looking at the 4x4s by Toyota or Nissan to gwet a lot newer for the money and avoid the continual stops by the police that the x5 would generate!

Edited by Canis

VW Touareg all the way, we had one for a few years and it had all the comfort of an X5/Range Rover with a lot less money spent of the badge.

Both the X5 and the Range Rover are very nice places to sit and observe the riff raff but the Touareg offers this without being overtly expensive. That thing held the road like a low sports car and made the motorway miles dissolve too. Came with central diff lock and low range unlike the X5 as well.

Whatever you buy you'll enjoy it I'm sure :good:

after re-evaluating things , its a range rover . 04-05 ish . just got to find the right one . her indoors said i like the one down the road , but thats a 2010 sport which is way out of my reach . haha so the hunt is on . black , with privacy glass , pref black leather , diesal , touch screen nav ect ect , yes black is a mare to keep clean but the polish boys have a good hose and duster down the road !

finalise funds in the week and then its the hunt . happy dayz

after re-evaluating things , its a range rover . 04-05 ish . just got to find the right one . her indoors said i like the one down the road , but thats a 2010 sport which is way out of my reach . haha so the hunt is on . black , with privacy glass , pref black leather , diesal , touch screen nav ect ect , yes black is a mare to keep clean but the polish boys have a good hose and duster down the road !

finalise funds in the week and then its the hunt . happy dayz

The right decision !

Hate to be a party pooper but all the connections on the Rangey at that age will start to corrode leading to all sorts of technical issue.

I'm a huge LR buff, loyal as they come, own a '96 Defender, but all LR products have reliability issues.If you want looks etc, either the X5 or RR will look fab.

If you want a road biased 4 x 4 that is reasonable off road- Toureg or RR

If you want an off roader that is bullet proof, reasonable on road but awesome off it, go with the Landcruiser.

The RR, X5 & VW are all 4 x 4s that their makers want to drive like sports saloons- incompatible.

At least no one suggested an X6.......... :o