nightmare!

killer rabbit (r1000)

:drinks::yahoo: i have a friend who recently flooded his brand new £400 logun solo with oil! (not sure what kind). if he's lucky it may be rescued, if not then it could cost him a lot more to have every seal replaced... :blush: (i've done nothing so drastic, but i do currently have my bsa spitfire in pieces to clean it out!) :beer:

Once when my auntie moved house we were cleaning out the attic in her new house and found an old BSA break barrel not sure of the make, could have been a meteor :blush: but some idiot had tried to make it into a sawn off, by this i mean a barrel about 4 inches long which was clearly a hacksaw job and the butt part of the stock cut off :drinks:

foxer

Edited by Foxer

a few years ago i bought a brand new theoben fenman, it took me ages to save up the cash, £400 it cost me plus £200 for some whitetail classic scopes, 3.3-10x50 i think, anyway i had it 3 days and i hadnt even shot it in anger, i was adjusting my trigger and lubing the breech hinge mechanism at the same time, i'd left the barrel cocked but open :lol: , i pulled the trigger to test the adjustment but the saftey catch wouldnt let it move, so i disengaged it and whack, up flew the barrel. the stock snapped clean in half at the pistol grip and bent the barrel horibbly, i creid for like a week or somthing :D

a few years ago i bought a brand new theoben fenman, it took me ages to save up the cash, £400 it cost me plus £200 for some whitetail classic scopes, 3.3-10x50 i think, anyway i had it 3 days and i hadnt even shot it in anger, i was adjusting my trigger and lubing the breech hinge mechanism at the same time, i'd left the barrel cocked but open :angry: , i pulled the trigger to test the adjustment but the saftey catch wouldnt let it move, so i disengaged it and whack, up flew the barrel. the stock snapped clean in half at the pistol grip and bent the barrel horibbly, i creid for like a week or somthing :o

If id saved up along time for a nice gun and it broke id cry too :angry::good::good: :(

Edited by fulltimeshooter

• 3 weeks later...

a few years ago my mates lad yused to come shooting with me, he was forever pestering me to have a go with my HW80, kept telling him its to hevey,one day he wore me down and i let him have a go

he let the barrel go when he was cocking it , i could have killed the little ****

good job he could run fast that day, brother in law sorted the barrel in the machine shop

• 4 weeks later...

:no: i used to have a bsa meteor (my first), i liked to fire little sweets called 'trillions' through it :/ (i don't know if anyone remembers them, they were little round sweets about .177 size. some of them were a little tight, so had to be forced. but as the rifle only cost me £5 fitted with a gatespring, i just didn't care :yes: )

ps. my mate's logun solo seems to be working fine now :good:

I tried to quieten my BSA Airsporter S, First I bought a brand new aluminiun piston, seals and spring then, to stop the piston clanging as it bottomed out, I fitted a brass snubber (slows the piston in the last 1/4" of the stroke). Unfortunately I didn't fit the snubber correctly and the first time I test fired it the snubber went straight through the piston. It never fired a pellet again :good:

P03

:good: was the guns power different with the spring like that ? As i once was told that you don't know if your spring is broken unless you take it out and have a look.

No difference in power only trigger stuck would cock but not fire.

Took stock off gun fired put the stock back on gun was as norm.

Only when the trigger sear engaged there was 2 click not the norm of one healthy click

so decide to have a look, spring came out in four peices.

Hi not something i have done to my BSA Supersport

but still a "NIGHTMARE" trigger jammed took apart to find this

P6110070bsa2.jpg

P6110072bsa1.jpg

Steve'o,

Was the can of Export for medicinal purposes after finding the broken spring?

Oh Yes needed a drink Never had a spring break before.

I did roughly the same thing with my webley xocet as (Kwiky) did with his fenman. :/ But I only bent the barrel :blink: . Story does get worse though I sent it to Baz at our club to get it fixed and he’s friend who’s was going to straighten it left it in the car park. oh yes we can all guess what happened next car par full of cars barrel laying on the grass. Well it isn’t any worse for bend but now has a nice amount of scratching on it. :yes: lucky rifle I think NOT.

Sum one must have had worse luck than me.

Come on guys keep posting

When i got my brand new Webley FX2000 (over 5 years ago now), climb a tree picking of the Rabbits as they came out. When i was done went to get out the tree & weeeeee the Gun went first, it feel about 12 feet landing on the but on to soft rotten leaves. "CRACK" stock snapped in half. Not a clean break, which i think helped in fixing it.

It pushed back together like two pieces of LEGO, i cant remember but i think i used super glue.

Cant realy see the break now after many rubbings with oil.

Its funny when i broke it i pushed the stock together fired a few shots to check the zero was still OK & carried on hunting for a couple of hours.

Was a bit peeeeed off when i done it, but it could have been a lot worse totaling the rifle.

"ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" :blink:

PELT MAN

A good few years ago now was plinking in my mates garden with my then brand new and shiny BSA Superstar (lovelly under-barrel cocking rotating breach loader some of you may remember). Smiffy was a bit of a weedy lad as I remember and had some problems cocking the gun. Oh dear.

I wandered off to get a drink off his mum and came back to find smiffy missing a small section of his chin, clarret all over the place and the gun on the floor with a bent cocking lever :good: After sorting him out I worked out what he'd done - he'd only turned the gun round, butt on the deck and with both hands tried to cock the thing by pulling down the lever towards him over handed style.

To this day I don't know how it actually happened that the lever came back up and smacked him on the chin on the way up, he says he doesn't remember either but he's still got the scar on his chin to remind him to not do that again.

I couldn't afford to fix the rifle and it got left like that up until recently I found it in my folks loft. I have ordered a new cocking lever and catch and intend fixing it, I loved that gun :good:

A good few years ago now was plinking in my mates garden with my then brand new and shiny BSA Superstar (lovelly under-barrel cocking rotating breach loader some of you may remember). Smiffy was a bit of a weedy lad as I remember and had some problems cocking the gun. Oh dear.

I wandered off to get a drink off his mum and came back to find smiffy missing a small section of his chin, clarret all over the place and the gun on the floor with a bent cocking lever :( After sorting him out I worked out what he'd done - he'd only turned the gun round, butt on the deck and with both hands tried to cock the thing by pulling down the lever towards him over handed style.

To this day I don't know how it actually happened that the lever came back up and smacked him on the chin on the way up, he says he doesn't remember either but he's still got the scar on his chin to remind him to not do that again.

I couldn't afford to fix the rifle and it got left like that up until recently I found it in my folks loft. I have ordered a new cocking lever and catch and intend fixing it, I loved that gun :(

:yp: maybe hadn't quite latched when he let go :yp: i bet it hurt when he did it :rolleyes::good::P:sly::sly: bad luck, hope you get it fixed :yes:

• 3 years later...

Mate had an old airsporter which didnt always stay cocked when you pulled the cocking leaver down.(he was told when i gave him the gun that it needed a new trigger but would he listen,this then happened about a year later) Yes it happened he cocked the gun and crash the leaver came flying up and took the top of his finger clean off. We were about 5 miles from the nearest hospital so i ripped out the inside of my pocket and bound his finger with it and started walking to the hospital, no car we were about 16. His finger is ok now they sewed the top back on. He now listens when we tell him something is wrong with his equipment.

Oh yea we shot five woodies and two pheasents on the way to hospital, and you should have seen the looks we got going into casualty with rucksacks guns and two labs. We even got invited into the police room to wait for our friend to be seen, the two police on duty were great when we told them what happened and even gave us a lift home (no charge/free). We all laugh about this everytime we meet up not because of what happened but what our m8 did when it happened, he stuck his finger in his mouth and wouldnt bring it out for us to take a look at he said "if i see it i'll faint" he did and we bound his finger when he was out cold.

Morale of story take care of your equipment.