Electronic ear defenders

killer_pigeon

I have the Deban ones and found them a bit uncomfy and small for my ears (and others that have tried them) was thinking of getting some Howard Leight till i got some sport tac for sale on here and found them a lot softer and more comfy than the Debans. I have the Napier ones too and unless you have massive ear canals I would not bother with them and don't think they cut out that much noise.

Cant beat pelter sport tac's not cheap but it does away with all the buzzing. I had to change the batteries after 2 years and I shoot three times a week + afternoons decoying, evenings roosting etc. Best buy i ever had £49 from america (when the dollar was gd)

EdR

can anybody recommend me a good pair for under £100 please or any feedback on th eones out there currently

thanks

As the owner of many makes of electronic ear defenders ( Some very expensive ) ...... My favorite pair believe it or not... are from

Aldi price ...£10 / £12. (Workzone..3year warranty ) While your in there buy a Crane fishing bag ( box ) £10 It will hold all your cartridges.... tools.... licences.

Over the years I've bought and used a number of different makes of electronic ear protectors.

The first were Deben, when they were just short of £100. After a few years one side packed in. I returned them to Deben for repair; almost £40 lighter they were returned, only to go faulty again within a few months.

The next pair, I purchased off ebygumbay for around £55, they were supplied in a nice black plastic case. I have a friend and fellow PW member who has quite recently bought a pair of the same muffs, but badge engineered Napier of London. He paid around £90. Mine went faulty after a couple of years, I didn't bother trying to get them repaired.

I saw a favourable report on PW for the Howard Leight, and bought a pair off ebygumbay for around £60. Brilliant, the best that I've tried by far. Also handy if you utilise two way radios on the shoot.

Ironically my mate with the Napier electronics also experienced a malfunction on one side. He returned them under guarantee, they were rectified for free. However we did a comparitive test by swapping to each others ear muffs to try them, and both concluded that the Howard Leight were streets ahead. I have tried the Peltor Sportac, they worked fine, but no way were they £40 worth better than the Howard Leight.

You pays your money, and make your choice, but its Howard Leight for me.

webber

Edited by webber

Does anyone know who stocks Howard Leights instead of buying off fleabay? Av' tried google but not come up wi' owt

North West? West Yorkshire preferred, but by chance am off down t' Kent this weekend and down the Severn below Bridgenorh, Warwickshire Avon nr Evesham then on't Cirencester weekend after.......so plenty of areas t'go at there :)

Cheers Phil

Does anyone know who stocks Howard Leights instead of buying off fleabay? Av' tried google but not come up wi' owt

North West? West Yorkshire preferred, but by chance am off down t' Kent this weekend and down the Severn below Bridgenorh, Warwickshire Avon nr Evesham then on't Cirencester weekend after.......so plenty of areas t'go at there :)

Cheers Phil

I got mine from amazon :blush:

I don't know if i've got funny 'lug placement or what but i can't use my Howard Leight's for clay shooting, the stock of my gun pushes them off my ear/they interfere with my mount. Try before you buy if you can, i can only use mine for the indoor rifle range <_<

Mark

You're not alone, they're pretty chunky. They don't seem to be so much of an issue in the field, when shots are taken in haste.

I find if I slide the stock side up as far as it goes, I can get by.