Herts boys +Philr, how many today ?

bakerboy

Philr, :good: bakerboy, :rolleyes: Cosd, :P Billy :yp: and Bakerboys little bruvver Alan :hmm: (with the skinny ankles) :lol:

2 hours on the Crayfish 6 nets and 2 traps

What was the haul?

My Guess 270.

Come on you guys have a guess.

The final number will be posted tomorrow, Phil and Cos split the catch and will collate the result.

Phil's batch = 143 weighing in at 9.6kg

Cos 's batch = 159 no weight

Grand total 302

nearest was huffhuff after a last minute change I owe you a pint when we return from our holidays[/size]

Edited by bakerboy

Am I allowed to guess?

Phil has been in touch and told me his tally, but I won't say till tomorrow when mine get counted.

I'll give you a clue, the pot was roughly split in the middle between Phil and I, and Phil's haul weighed in at 9.6 kilos.

Thanks for a great day out Terry and all, great day and even greater company.

Am I allowed to guess?

Phil has been in touch and told me his tally, but I won't say till tomorrow when mine get counted.

I'll give you a clue, the pot was roughly split in the middle between Phil and I, and Phil's haul weighed in at 9.6 kilos.

Thanks for a great day out Terry and all, great day and even greater company.

Have a guess.

My box net is best left in situ for a few hours and only contributed a meagre half dozen or so to the total. Billy, Bakerboy and his brother Alan had drop nets which are ideal for a dip in and out, little and often and were very successful.

I was recommended to use Spam or other type of tinned meat, but this in part might have been why I couldn't achieve much of a catch. Billy had a supply of freshly shot rabbits, Cosd started using pigeons he'd shot in the morning and the Bakerboys used bacon, some old crayfish tails and eventually a banana skin donated by a passer by.

I dunno what's happened to Cosd he was supposed to be purging his overnight, cooking and counting today. I suppose he might have fallen into the water and been savaged by the angry blighters :lol: :o :hmm: Or as is more likely he's on t'internet ordering a supply of dropnets.

As Billy still has 392 floating around in his bath and the Bakerboys are off to sunny Spain tomorrow the catch was divided up between Cosd and me, so thank you lads :good: Mrs PhilR has asked (told) me not to bring home any more for a while :huh:

Here's a pic of the 139 who made it into the freezer, 3 were DOA when I got home, and me checking that none have escaped from the purging tanks in the garden. The top row of 20 weighed 2.2kg! I'm not certain the scales are accurate though as they always seem to register my weight more than I reckon it should be :P:lol:

My box net is best left in situ for a few hours and only contributed a meagre half dozen or so to the total. Billy, Bakerboy and his brother Alan had drop nets which are ideal for a dip in and out, little and often and were very successful.

I was recommended to use Spam or other type of tinned meat, but this in part might have been why I couldn't achieve much of a catch. Billy had a supply of freshly shot rabbits, Cosd started using pigeons he'd shot in the morning and the Bakerboys used bacon, some old crayfish tails and eventually a banana skin donated by a passer by.

I dunno what's happened to Cosd he was supposed to be purging his overnight, cooking and counting today. I suppose he might have fallen into the water and been savaged by the angry blighters :lol: :o :hmm: Or as is more likely he's on t'internet ordering a supply of dropnets.

As Billy still has 392 floating around in his bath and the Bakerboys are off to sunny Spain tomorrow the catch was divided up between Cosd and me, so thank you lads :good: Mrs PhilR has asked (told) me not to bring home any more for a while :huh:

Here's a pic of the 139 who made it into the freezer, 3 were DOA when I got home, and me checking that none have escaped from the purging tanks in the garden. The top row of 20 weighed 2.2kg! I'm not certain the scales are accurate though as they always seem to register my weight more than I reckon it should be :P:lol:

Nice write up Phil :good: , I have spoken with Cos, he is alive and well :yes::yes: , I am awaiting his count :hmm: .

How am I going to relax on holiday without knowing :o .

I was informed of another good site today, but cannot reveal the location until I come back from holiday. :lol::lol::lol:

The truth is I have forgotten, and I need to speak to the old bird who told me, and you know how I attract the "old birds" flying and walking. :lol::lol::lol:

I am certain that you're related to Hugh Hefner in some way. If you weren't happily married, you'd have no problem amassing a queue of women. :rolleyes:

Yes but look at the age profile, you would not look at the other profile.

Most of them are living (just) proof that gravity does work. :o :blush::rolleyes:

Class Terry, as usual!! Have a nice break. And yes, you're always welcome, just bring a big stick to get the birds out so i can miss them!

AB

Edited by blackla