1000/1 shot

fenboy

what if you did not kill it outright,it could have been suffering somewhere :hmm:

andrew

If we are worried about wounding every time we lifted a gun we should not be shooting because sooner or later its going to happen ,to you as well as me , what would I have done if I had wounded it ,same as you pal if you were shooting with a shotgun if it dropped I would have wrung its neck if it had flew on I would have left it to die a slow death,just the same as you do with a shotgun,pigeon shooting is pest control.

I would guess for every bag of say 50 birds there will be 5-10 others that are pricked with the shotgun ,do you worry about them suffering or just carry on shooting ,I know what I do.

Then again you sound like the type of guy that must kill everything stone dead 100% of the time perhaps you should become a coach. :yes:

If we are worried about wounding every time we lifted a gun we should not be shooting because sooner or later its going to happen ,to you as well as me , what would I have done if I had wounded it ,same as you pal if you were shooting with a shotgun if it dropped I would have wrung its neck if it had flew on I would have left it to die a slow death,just the same as you do with a shotgun,pigeon shooting is pest control.

I would guess for every bag of say 50 birds there will be 5-10 others that are pricked with the shotgun ,do you worry about them suffering or just carry on shooting ,I know what I do.

Then again you sound like the type of guy that must kill everything stone dead 100% of the time perhaps you should become a coach. :yes:

i try to cut the odds of injuring the quarry i shoot at,i actually point at my target when i pull the trigger,i would never shoot into a flock of birds with a single projectile and rely on luck that you will hit something somewhere,like you said a 1000/1 shot,no respect for your quarry,

i'm glad that you think "that i sound like the type of guy that must kill everything stone dead 100% of the time perhaps you should become a coach" but i dont kill with every shot but i will try my very best,

what you done was not pest control and would not be covered by the General licence,you took a pot shot at a pigeon flying over your garden,

andrew

i try to cut the odds of injuring the quarry i shoot at,i actually point at my target when i pull the trigger,i would never shoot into a flock of birds with a single projectile and rely on luck that you will hit something somewhere,like you said a 1000/1 shot,no respect for your quarry,

i'm glad that you think "that i sound like the type of guy that must kill everything stone dead 100% of the time perhaps you should become a coach" but i dont kill with every shot but i will try my very best,

what you done was not pest control and would not be covered by the General licence,you took a pot shot at a pigeon flying over your garden,

andrew

Not only do you talk rubbish ,you plainly cant read either because if you did ,you would have read that the pigeon was shot from my garden while flying over a the feild behind which is my permission , you would also have read that the pigeon I shot was the pigeon I was trying to shoot ,i was not shooting at a flock ,I guess that as you would not shoot at a flock with a "single projectile" you are happy to shoot into one with a shotgun ?.

As for the yawns Billy I know exactly what you mean mate :whistling: so andrewluke why dont you jog off and join a anti forum somewhere :smartass:

I was out in the garden this evening having a bit of practice with the airgun,when I had a bunch of about 50 or 60 woodies just saunter past so I thought what the hell got one in my sight gave it loads of lead and let one fly ------------- result one stone dead pigeon about 40 yards away !,sent the dog to collect it and could not belive I had put a pellet straight through its noggin !! :yes: Bet I cant do that again in a hurry.

Not only do you talk rubbish ,you plainly cant read either because if you did ,you would have read that the pigeon was shot from my garden while flying over a the feild behind which is my permission , you would also have read that the pigeon I shot was the pigeon I was trying to shoot ,i was not shooting at a flock ,I guess that as you would not shoot at a flock with a "single projectile" you are happy to shoot into one with a shotgun ?.

As for the yawns Billy I know exactly what you mean mate :whistling: so andrewluke why dont you jog off and join a anti forum somewhere :smartass:

where have you said "the pigeon was shot from my garden while flying over a the feild behind which is my permission"

i must admit that i am anti-IDIOT,

andrew

Well as my garden backs onto about 150 acres of my permission with the nearest house in that direction around 3 miles away ,I did a quick mental calculation a thought every one was safe from my 177 pellet , If I decide to go centre fire I will let you know so you can save your worring for other peoples unsafe acts,you need to lighten up mate and not automatically think everyone but yourself knows nothing about what they are doing :no:

Try reading the whole ,thread ,perhaps you might like to go through all my posts while your at it and find the one where I mention I dont shoot pigeons in my garden ,only if they are over the other side of the fence ,to do so would be illegal you know :yes:

You relly need to find a better way of spending your time pal. :thanks:

Here it is copied and pasted to save you the trouble , now please go and troll on someone elses post I am finding it quite tiresome.

The pigeons over the last couple of days have taken a liking to the wheat growing behind my garden fence,i have some wires running paralell with my garden about 5 yards into the field and so far today I have managed to bag 9 birds off them with my trusty hw97 kt air rifle all neatly plugged through the noggin at around 20 yards

I have a unwritten rule that any in my garden itself (which there often are) are safe but once over the crops on the other side of the fence they are fair game,a few years back I had about 30 in a week like this when the field had harvest peas on it.

Edited by fenboy

Are you Gay ?, each to their own but I am not that way inclined myself ,I am told there are other web sites that cater for that sort of thing,why dont you try one of those instead ?.

leave the boy alone i mean andrewluke he dont get out that much well unless its lambing time think about you will get it :yes:

oh yes good shot i would do it myself :good:

Here it is copied and pasted to save you the trouble , now please go and troll on someone elses post I am finding it quite tiresome.

The pigeons over the last couple of days have taken a liking to the wheat growing behind my garden fence,i have some wires running paralell with my garden about 5 yards into the field and so far today I have managed to bag 9 birds off them with my trusty hw97 kt air rifle all neatly plugged through the noggin at around 20 yards

I have a unwritten rule that any in my garden itself (which there often are) are safe but once over the crops on the other side of the fence they are fair game,a few years back I had about 30 in a week like this when the field had harvest peas on it.

Just FYI, what makes it illegal is where the pellet lands, not where the quarry is shot (So, if the pellet lands on land where you do not have permission, you are shooting on that land illegally) . Not commenting on anything else because I honestly don't give a dam, just calcifying that part of the law.

Just FYI, what makes it illegal is where the pellet lands, not where the quarry is shot (So, if the pellet lands on land where you do not have permission, you are shooting on that land illegally) . Not commenting on anything else because I honestly don't give a dam, just calcifying that part of the law.

Yes that was pointed out earlier in the thread ,i also pointed out that behind my garden is 150 acres of my permission and that it is 3 miles to the nearest house in the direction I was shooting ,dont think a 177 airgun pellet at 12ft lb will cover 150 acres :no:

Yes that was pointed out earlier in the thread ,i also pointed out that behind my garden is 150 acres of my permission and that it is 3 miles to the nearest house in the direction I was shooting ,dont think a 177 airgun pellet at 12ft lb will cover 150 acres :no:

Fenboy you are wrong,my mate shoot a .177 air rifle at a pigeon 3 miles away,he hit the pigeon but rioched and blinded a man a further 12 miles away,very sad,was in the news and everything :lol: :yp: :lol: so pleas be more careful :lol: