Getting a Few Pinks drifting down

pavman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen a good 300-400 today on some stubble on a farm just over from my permission ,mine will be lifting some beet next week so with a bit of luck the tops will be left long enough for them to get on. :good:

Fingers crossed buddy, im out tonight hopefully see a few :good: :good: :good:

Lumps of geese , I take it you mean Gandalf. A good old Norfolk phrase for a large skien of geese or duck in common use when I started wildfowling back in the 1960s.

Well you learn something new every day :hmm:

Mind you when I go to the South Lincolnshire Wildfowlers clay shoot near Boston I cant tell a word they are on about unless they talk slowly and I watch their mouths. :lol::lol:

Lumps of geese , I take it you mean Gandalf. A good old Norfolk phrase for a large skien of geese or duck in common use when I started wildfowling back in the 1960s.

:good::lol::good:

yep uneducated Noor#### speak

Lump may refer to; lump dog a dog who acted as a muse to Pablo Picasso, The Lump a 1991 short animated film, A medical swelling, A large Skein of Wild Geese (Norfolk)

Now who is educating Whom :rolleyes:

Edited by pavman

:good::lol::good:

yep uneducated Noor#### speak

Lump may refer to; lump dog a dog who acted as a muse to Pablo Picasso, The Lump a 1991 short animated film, A medical swelling, A large Skein of Wild Geese (Norfolk)

Now who is educating Whom :rolleyes:

Ah, so Grasshopper - You are getting bold and learning but are not to big for kick up posterior area I am thinking!

Mentor humbly stands corrected.

On Blyth yesterday evening - Small 'lumps' of canadas and greys. One lone pink.

Very few ducks.

And a small helicopter that looked like a witch on a stick flying low over the mud. Thought this might stir up the birds but there were not many to stir!

Grandalf

Hi all been a long time since i was on the site & noticed this thread. i know its a bit late but up here at montrose basin it is full of geese id say 40thou there was a count 3 weeks or so ago of 65thou but dont think so but it is moving up here just now. Iv done not bad with 7 in 3 outings at them on the basin & thats stopping shooting i could have shot my guide line of 5 quite easy at times.

If you see any mate can you point them towards Kirton marsh on Thursday morning, cheers. :rolleyes:

Come on Sheps on Wednesday evening and I will take you to the Widgeon. Let me know if you spot any Geese around there, some seem to have heard a few pinks but I must be deaf if thats true. Hope you have a good flight.

Come on Sheps on Wednesday evening and I will take you to the Widgeon. Let me know if you spot any Geese around there, some seem to have heard a few pinks but I must be deaf if thats true. Hope you have a good flight.

Thanks for the offer of Wednesday evening, I cant take you up on that this time, although I would love to go there but if I can get in the evening later in the season I will give you a shout :good:

My diary entry for last year 11th October 2010 morning flight on Kirton was "Cold and a NNE wind - dawn at 07.19 7.8m tide at 08.53 saw ducks like rockets in the dark and skeins of Pinkfoot at dawn at 30,000ft not a shot fired"

I will let you know what I see, if anything on Thursday morning. :yes:

Regards

Hcc

Thanks for the offer of Wednesday evening, I cant take you up on that this time, although I would love to go there but if I can get in the evening later in the season I will give you a shout :good:

My diary entry for last year 11th October 2010 morning flight on Kirton was "Cold and a NNE wind - dawn at 07.19 7.8m tide at 08.53 saw ducks like rockets in the dark and skeins of Pinkfoot at dawn at 30,000ft not a shot fired"

I will let you know what I see, if anything on Thursday morning. :yes:

Regards

Hcc

I will send you a PM if I see any geese Wednesday evening. Good weather for it at the moment, may go tomorrow evening if it keeps like this, my next flight will be number 20 this season. Let me know when youre down and want to come and I will arrange to be there and show you where to go so you dont get wet, as you can see I put in quite a bit of time.

I will send you a PM if I see any geese Wednesday evening. Good weather for it at the moment, may go tomorrow evening if it keeps like this, my next flight will be number 20 this season. Let me know when youre down and want to come and I will arrange to be there and show you where to go so you dont get wet, as you can see I put in quite a bit of time.

Cheers mate thanks, sat here now its thrashing it down with rain and windy daft, I hope its not clear Thursday morning.