Webley & Scott 912k

snowblind66

I bought a new one the other day on the strength of the reviews it had been given and the fact that it felt right when I handled it at the shop. Not had a chance to use it yet due to work commitments and now illness so can't comment on it any more than that. It seems good value for money and well made though and in my opinion would make a good first gun

i know someone who has one and it never leaves his cabinet because something always goes wrong with it . he needs to get rid but still trying to convince himself it will be ok when its sorted etc .

put a bit extra to your funds get a beretta 391 and no probs.

buy cheap buy twice is true

I don't want a semi auto, just because it's cheaper doesn't mean it's rubbish, the review said it was good quality. Lanbers are cheap but are regarded as good quality.

You did ask for people's opinions though :hmm: tbh honest i have only heard bad things about them. You will be able to pick up a second hand beretta/benelli etc for 300-500 which will probably still go on for another 20 years. Probably your best bet :good:

You did ask for people's opinions though :hmm: tbh honest i have only heard bad things about them. You will be able to pick up a second hand beretta/benelli etc for 300-500 which will probably still go on for another 20 years. Probably your best bet :good:

he's asking opinions about an o/u not a semi-auto,the Webley & Scott 912k is an o/u

andrew

I did think about second hand as well when I was looking but the prospect of a new gun with warranty instead appealed more. With a bit of looking around you might be able to find a 912K new for less than £700 as they apparently had a promotion on them recently :)

The W&S are branded Turkish cheap guns the hatsan O/U is £500 brand new with warranty as with every gun it's how it fits not the price that matters, also look at used prices as £700 now may be £300 when you P/X to something better get secondhand miroku or beretta or Winchester for £700 and it will be worth £500+ in PX more likely £650!

If you want a new gun haggle on a lanber!!!!

Warranty is only a benefit when it breaks, good ones don't !!!! Well made guns are easily and cheaply repaired with plentiful parts, if they Ever need to be repaired, shotguns aren't like cars, look at the price comparison of a 5 year old 525/686/mk38 and a new one the difference is mostly Vat! Then look at the difference between new and used W&S!

Edited by HDAV

Also a lot of these "warrantys" only really cover major build failure so not really what you may think, I would definetly buy a good quality second hander than a new w+s , hatstand etc :good:

I just bought a second hand beretta and can still sell it now or probably in the future for the same money :yes:

Hi there one of my shooting buddy's has one of them brought from Oxford gun company he had to take it back as it kept double discharging . Sorted now but made me think twice about getting one . In the end paid £695 for a second hand Winchester select cracking gun for the money

Gareth

I've just picked up my father in law's W&S pointer o/u from the sportsmans after it had to go back for repairs.

He'd had it a year and fired less than 200 carts before it starting soft striking and not firing.

I cannot stress enough how much better off you'd be to buy a used silver pigeon or similar instead of a new piece of tat like one of these! (blunt but true!)

I started shooting around 4 months ago and had £400 in my budget for a first gun so bought a s/hand Webley Scott classic game m/choke for around that money. If fits well and I enjoy shooting with it but it has been back to the shop once with a second shot misfire (done under warranty) and the screws on the forend keep working loose (easy to fix but annoying). If I was in the same position again I would advise myself to save up the extra for a new Baikal. With £700 to spend based on my experience I would go with a s/hand Beretta or Browning.

• 2 years later...

Hi all, I just recently brought my first shotgun in April 2014 which is the Webley & Scott 912K o/u for £695, I was a bit septic about buying the 912K due to all the mixed reviews, however £700 to £800 was my budget as shotgun ( I didn't fancy the idea of secondhand, I like Beretta but can't justify spending £1500+ as 1st gun) and the 912K came with 3 years warranty (which I hope to never use...lol). The folks at the gunshop informed me that the earlier 912's did have their problems but has now been rectified & sorted. After looking at few other new guns in the price range I took the gamble as this gun fitted me the best. I have taken it for some clay pigeon shoots and put quite a few shells through, the 912K performed faultlessly, no misfires etc so far so good. As a budget gun / 1st gun I cannot fault it.