Pigeon Watch EU Referendum

Pheasant Feeder

136 members have voted

1. 1. Should Great Britain Leave the EU

• Yes, immeadiately
    • No.
    • Possibly in the future.
    • Don't Know.

Given that our MP's have refused to let the people have their say, how would you have cast your vote?

1, Should we leave the EU without delay and stand independantly as a nation, regaining our law making powers and border controls.

2, Should we continue to participate fully in the integration of the EU and all its laws, financial plans, immigration etc.

3, Should we look to extracate our nation from the EU as and when the time is right posibly as part of a phased withdrawl.

4, You don't know.

Out of europe now it does not work and will never work, dont be fooled by the people that say it will be bad for us and we will loose trade, ******** other countries will still trade with us as we have stuff they need same as they have stuff we need, we have nothing to loose but a lot to gain by getting out of this fetid, corupt, directionless, pointless mess.

I quite liked Cameron's analogy... If you asked the people living next door to a house that was ablaze if they should leave, they would probably jump and run without thought when in reality what they should do is try to help put the fire out first and protect their own property...

This is no different and now isn't the time to hold a referendum when all we do every day is read about the blaze in europe in the gutter press... A refurendum now would not give a true reflection of the peoples wishes.

We need to wait until things have calmed down and then decide... rationally!

Edited by Vipa

I quite liked Cameron's analogy... If you asked the people living next door to a house that was ablaze if they should leave, they would probably jump and run without thought when in reality what they should do is try to help put the fire out first and protect their own property...

This is no different and now isn't the time to hold a referendum when all we do every day is read about the blaze in europe in the gutter press... A refurendum now would not give a true reflection of the peoples wishes.

We need to wait until things have calmed down and then decide... rationally!

Things will never be right in Euroland/Eurozone or what ever the hell they call it, the MP's may give us a vote on it but they will do a lot of primping and preening and making it look really good before they do, and the people will lap it up like good boys and girls and say that yes its a good idea and we should be one big happy family, a few years down the line we will al be moaning about how we have been hoodwinked again, like several people who I have spoken to who said how good the current coalition would be and it will be a new start, now they have egg on there face and are saying its not working.

Just to touch on used car salesman super smooth Cameron's comment I dont think peoples judgement about Europe will be clouded at the moment I think most people wanted out long before the current round of disasters, I thought Tony bLIAR was false and slimey but Camerons so low he could enter a room without opening the door. Sucsesive governments have lead us down the garden path and I think its time someone had the balls to let us have our say, afterall they are our servants and we pay there wages, so they should act under our instructions for our interests.

Everybody wants out but is that really wise? Thats why they don't want a referendrum, they know what the result would be. Wanting to leave and actually leaving are two different things. The EU would take every opportunity to screw us and say we told you so.

Just think on this, one small example. Most of our gas now comes from Russia via Germany. They could nail our hide to the wall with surcharges or even cut us off. They could cut trade with us overnight but we couldn't re adjust quickly enough to not end up bankrupt. Britain doesn't have the resources to weather the storm. We really are in too deep to leave now, its far too late.

Edited by Vince Green

Looking at Vipa's comment again I haven't got any of my idea's about Europe from the so called gutter press, I would not wipe my **** on a red top newspaper but this is what most drones seem to read and these will be the voice for the government when it needs to dress europe up again to apeal to the proles, Europe is a mess and people know it even if they do not read the Sun.

People jump on the band wagon with the "patriotic" stance when in reality it's the same as the England/Scotland independence thing - if either were given it they wouldn't know what to do with it.

As has been said - as a country the UK has very little to offer nowadays and a lot of the things we need are imported from CE which could become expensive for us if

We go it alone.

Regards,

Gixer

There are ways and means around most problems, yes they will see it as an chance to do us over but we will be saving billions every day and there is a lot of things we could hold them to ransome with, London is the centre of the west's money world and they cant and wont just pull out of this country overnight, its just scaremongering, also think about it logically why would other countries get ****y with us if we pulled out of Europe unless they had something to loose, if we are all equal in Euroland and no one is proping anyone else up we should be able to leave without anyone getting to upset.

People jump on the band wagon with the "patriotic" stance when in reality it's the same as the England/Scotland independence thing - if either were given it they wouldn't know what to do with it.

As has been said - as a country the UK has very little to offer nowadays and a lot of the things we need are imported from CE which could become expensive for us if

We go it alone.

Regards,

Gixer

We have a lot to offer, a huge arms and military industry, Rolls Royce aero engines, whilst not being English owned companies a lot of cars are made here, virtually every DAF lorry you see on the road is made in the uk. These are just a few, and if we all stood by our country and brought British when ever possible we could and would be a lot better off, also this country has a massive wealth of knowledgein engineering, medical, electronics, and lots of other areas that other countries rely very heavily on. DONT listen to the the scaremongers, a few people in there Ivory towers want us to stay in Europe for there benifit only, also the politions do not want admit defeat and say that yes they were wrong. How long can this cobbled together lame duck limp on for. As for not knowing what to do with our independence we could do what we bloody well liked with it and not what some faceless Brussels maderin tells us to do, we managed alright before we joined Europe, in fact we virtually used to rule the world, now we are just a bloody cul-de-sac where everybody dumps all there rubbish and criminals they don't want. Its time we grew some balls and had a voice.

Edited by marmitemania

I agree with what European Union stands for in it's most fundamental form - free trade and the single market. I do believe that we should do our best to stay within the EU and have a seat at the 'high table' but Europe will never be a multilingual version of USA and attempting to make it so will be a disaster.

Working together to bolster trade and protect European interests against the might of Asia is essential but trying to reorganise Europe into a single entity with a single currency is a mistake and will never work.

We have a lot to offer, a huge arms and military industry, Rolls Royce aero engines, whilst not being English owned companies a lot of cars are made here, virtually every DAF lorry you see on the road is made in the uk. These are just a few, and if we all stood by our country and brought British when ever possible we could and would be a lot better off, also this country has a massive wealth of knowledgein engineering, medical, electronics, and lots of other areas that other countries rely very heavily on. DONT listen to the the scaremongers, a few people in there Ivory towers want us to stay in Europe for there benifit only, also the politions do not want admit defeat and say that yes they were wrong. How long can this cobbled together lame duck limp on for. As for not knowing what to do with our independence we could do what we bloody well liked with it and not what some faceless Brussels maderin tells us to do, we managed alright before we joined Europe, in fact we virtually used to rule the world, now we are just a bloody cul-de-sac where everybody dumps all there rubbish and criminals they don't want. Its time we grew some balls and had a voice.

Take all you have said above and change out Britain for Germany...as they do a similar thing and in all honesty nowadays they do it better 9 times out of 10.....

What is it with people and there sycophantic love of Germany, I had someone say to me recently I will by a VW Polo as its made in Germany and solid and reliable, its made in Spain and from my point of view as a mechanic not any more reliable than any other car, but go ahead pay a premium for what you think is best just like all the other Audi VW driving sheep, the Typhoon Eurofighter is actually our plane but we cut the others in on it to admitely our own and there benefit. Germany does well at the moment because people seem to think everything they make is great, I have a Hotpoint dishwasher, fridge, and washing machine and all were made in Great Britains as it says proudly on the front and though not being totally faultless have stood up to 6 years of daily abuse, both washers being on at least twice a day, my sister paid a lot more for a Bosch washing machine, bin foder after 2 years and its only her and her husband and she would treat it with kid gloves. It feels to me like we never beat Germany in the war and that they now run our country.

What is it with people and there sycophantic love of Germany, I had someone say to me recently I will by a VW Polo as its made in Germany and solid and reliable, its made in Spain and from my point of view as a mechanic not any more reliable than any other car, but go ahead pay a premium for what you think is best just like all the other Audi VW driving sheep, the Typhoon Eurofighter is actually our plane but we cut the others in on it to admitely our own and there benefit. Germany does well at the moment because people seem to think everything they make is great, I have a Hotpoint dishwasher, fridge, and washing machine and all were made in Great Britains as it says proudly on the front and though not being totally faultless have stood up to 6 years of daily abuse, both washers being on at least twice a day, my sister paid a lot more for a Bosch washing machine, bin foder after 2 years and its only her and her husband and she would treat it with kid gloves. It feels to me like we never beat Germany in the war and that they now run our country.

Steady on, you'll give yourself a heart attack. Gemany has a good reputation for relaible goods because it produces reliable goods.

I do have Miele washing machine (5 years old which runs quietly and reliably that replaced a Hotpoint which was loud, leaky, rusty and lasted only 2 months past it's guarantee date), but I don't remember it being delivered by goose-stepping nazis.

I find it amazing and painful at the same time how people just jump on the band wagon of populist talk and micro-politics of cheap and fake 'patriotism' the likes of ukip and their likes force feed the uneducated masses. I am not sure where some people live, but this is not the 18th century any more. Economies and policies are so inter-connected and inter-related (or even dependant on one another) that even the thought of leaving the EU is not only impractical, it is impossible. This is even more true in the case of UK, as it is an island. It is -by merit of geography- restricted as to what it can produce, fend for itself, not forgetting the imminent need for strong and long lasting alliances. Europe is the only way forward for the UK.

Correction

It is either that or de-mummify Margaret Thatcher. Welcome to 1981...

Edited by Psyxologos