vegetarians !!!

ronttuk

ive just been cooking sunday roast for my mob, we asked a friend round for dinner whos a veggie! "i dont eat meat " she cried ok pop into asda get somthibng for your self i replied.

after months n months of her going on about we should not eat meat etc etc guess what she brought round to eat bloody quorn a new tasy meat susitute meal for veggies!!

laugh i nearly wet my self "im a veggie meats bad for you but chemical **** full of additives aint " :/:lol: :yp:

Try cooking some bacon when she comes round. Aparently, it does not count as meat!? (They can not resist it)

We have a few vegetarian friends, all female, which say the thing they miss the most is bacon.

My wife, fed them scoth eggs on New years eve because acording to her it does not have any meat on them. Doh!!!

When I ran Marathons 1/2`s and 10K`s I was mainly a veggy,as I couldn`t digest red meat as readily as white or fish.This was due to running 3-4 times a day and 40-100 miles a week.

don`t tar all with the same brush. :no:

I am now a chunky munkey and eat loads of animals90% are shot :no: and soooooo tasty.

every veggie i;ve ever met i asked them the simple question 'why' not one of them has given me a decent answer. If they said it was because they didn't like the taste, i could understand, (i don;t like peanuts so wont eat them) instead they give some rambling drivel almost all of which is incorrect. when i correct them they walk off in a huff !! whats that all about :no: :no: :no:

When I ran Marathons 1/2`s and 10K`s I was mainly a veggy,as I couldn`t digest red meat as readily as white or fish.This was due to running 3-4 times a day and 40-100 miles a week.

don`t tar all with the same brush. :good:

I am now a chunky munkey and eat loads of animals90% are shot :angry: and soooooo tasty.

Henry

I too used to be sad like that. Grew out of it eventually.

Used to be agony in the summer running past pubs with lads outside quaffing dirty beer, and me with another 15 miles to go :good::lol::lol::angry:

Now I've seen the light.

Don

Guest jonrms

My wifes a vegi... she wont eat meat or fish.. .. she will drink milk and have chocolate... she is even sooo picky she wont have wine gums because they have geletine in them...

when asked why she said she gags now when trys to eat meat (no pun intended folks) but she has been a vegi since about 10 years old.. and cant stomach eating meat.. she has tried for me on a couple of occasions.. but no.. sadly... WAIT... not sad about it at all!!! more for me!!!! ****

I know quite a few vegetarians and none of them have any aversion to my hobbies.

Some don't like the thought of eating meat (normally comes to them in their teens), others genuinely feel healthier by not eating it.

Not all vegetarians are tree hugging hippies, its a great mistake to generalise.

Most Vegies i have talked to seem to lean to the argument that the Animal is killed for meat :lol:

SO WHAT!!

Refer to the Bible and read about Noah when the ark finally landed after the great flood God told Noah.

I give to thee all these animals which I have created (not to go on too long he said you can use them for what ever purpose even food as long as the Blood was returned to the ground)

Also it's an argument because things had to DIE so meat could be put on the Table.

Well guess what?

PLANTS are Living Breathing organisms also so if you eat VEG then you are ALSO responsible for the death of the plants are you not?

So the KILLING argument goes straight out the window. :lol:

The same argument is extended to FISH eating vegies Fish are living creatures also so GET A LIFE :angry:

The ones who don't like the Texture or Taste of meats then thats fine. But the ones who bleat on about the killing of things so we can eat i have NO time for.

But what about the ones who claim they WONT eat meat but they will eat a SUBSTITUTE that LOOKS like meat and TASTES like meat where is the sense in THAT? :good:

If it LOOKS like meat and TASTES like meat then you may as well EAT meat! After all you have gone to the lengths of replicating it. Surely if you are against eating meat then you would want to eat a product that is as FAR from even resembling meat as possible right? So why the rouse to make it as realistic as meat in the first place? :angry:

I like some of the Vegi foods (nut cutlets / Burgers etc) but I have a GOD given right to eat meat and will do so till i drop and no ammount (vast numbers or just a tiny minority) of Vegi powered tree huggers will ever change my view.

LG

Each to his own and all that, afterall the world would be a pretty boring place if we were all the same. I have no problem with anyone choosing not to eat something what ever the reason, be it not wanting to kill an animal, etc.

But I do draw the line at those who kick up a fuss about killing animals for meat and then buy a Linda McCartney meat free Sausage or Hamburger. It, in itself, is a contradiction in terms. I actually pitty the fools as they are obviously lost and need re-educating. Not a far cry from those who try to ban animal testing by inflicting pain and suffering on others. The worse bit about it, is that these particular people go to length to preach what they believe, or at least the ones I have met do.

Maybe they are being punished as we all know the best food known to man is Hog Roast.