crunch time for the semi's!

badgerman

since my original post asking for opinions on semi-auto's i have done a fair bit of research. i have now decided that it is in fact the way forward for me and will be my investment for the summer. however, here's where the celebrating stops, for i'm still at a loss! :/

i reckon i've got it narrowed down, the beretta 303 for £300, or the a391 urika for £600? is the urika worth me putting an extra £300 into it? i've heard great things of the latter, but its really pushing my budget, would it make a good investment? i've used the 303 before briefly and remember the fore-end feeling quite thick and rather chunky, have i got that right?

i'm a fan of beretta's and heard good things about their reliability, i see too few pigeons on too many occasions to be let down by reccurrent jamming. however, if anyone has had good experience with another make, i'm still open to suggestions, as i say price range really has to stop at £600 pretty much, all help appreciate guys, many thanks :yp:

BM

any of the 391 models will suit you fine. If you want out and out reliability then modern beretta's give you this. There is nothing wrong with the 303, however you dont know how its been used and it wont be as nice a gun as a new one. The 391 also has adjustable stock wedges so you can set it up to suit you.

i would go for the 391.

any of the 391 models will suit you fine. If you want out and out reliability then modern beretta's give you this. There is nothing wrong with the 303, however you dont know how its been used and it wont be as nice a gun as a new one. The 391 also has adjustable stock wedges so you can set it up to suit you.

i would go for the 391.

you can shim the 303 stock in the same way as the 391

plinker

i would go for the 391.

you can shim the 303 stock in the same way as the 391

plinker

okay wasnt aware of that,

there you go, 303 can lso be shimed

I got rid of my 391 traded it if for a fabarms auto

bloody brilliant well worth a look and within budget.

:no::no::no::no:

how come you traded it in? i will look into the fabarm tho. cheers :D

BM

I found the 391was heavy to carry about all day when in the field.

I preffered a gun with a slightly shorter stock and lighter

and this fabarms just does not know how to miss. :D:D

Got one quicker than I thought!!

Franchi Raptor 712 12 bore, 28 inch multi choke. VERY impressed with it, looks beautiful, comes up to the shoulder lovely......

Comes with stock shims, 3 chokes, 3 year warranty, hard case, bottle of spray oil, choke wrench (think thats it now!)

Weather coated wood, the nickel reciever is very distinctive. I've not shot a cartrdige through it yet but don't think there'll be a problem. Will let u know.

Got one quicker than I thought!!

Franchi Raptor 712 12 bore, 28 inch multi choke. VERY impressed with it, looks beautiful, comes up to the shoulder lovely......

Comes with stock shims, 3 chokes, 3 year warranty, hard case, bottle of spray oil, choke wrench (think thats it now!)

Weather coated wood, the nickel reciever is very distinctive. I've not shot a cartrdige through it yet but don't think there'll be a problem. Will let u know.

sounds good, how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

BM

ps, you should fill in your personal details mate :good:

ok guys im new to this forum too, so a big HI!

now this 12g semi -auto thing...i looked at a few remmi's,baretta's &bennelli..

now it has been sugested ,every remi before a 1100 is a dog & flawed with reliability, the benelli is a bit too harsh on the recoil, & the baretta's are sound, at a price..

so come on guys with the tools ,what do you think :lol:??

what should i have??

i have felt a few & some are too heavy & numb, a good alroundr is needed, 3" or better still 3 1/2"

thanks guys..... :good:

Franchi Raptor, light, 3 inch chamber, made by Beretta, ace on woodies and rabbit, Knocks over geese with 36 grm heavy shot, easy to change the piston round from light to heavy loads a good all rounder

Exactly what he said :good:

I recently bought my first semi auto, and I chose the Franchi Raptor, it really is a darling gun to use.

Not had the opportunity to test it against live quarry but it's certainly made a mess of the clays at my local shoot, improved my avergae scroes along the way too!

A much understated gun, and as mentioned, made in the same factory as the Beretta's. You'd do well to take a look at one.

M

FAO Badgerman.

Did a deal on the Raptor by trading an o/u in for it but the price I was given to buy it outright, brand new

£575.

Most places do them at £599. Still very good considering 3 year warranty, good looking, 3 chokes, hard case etc. etc.

Still not shot it yet, been at work but I know from what I've read there won't be a problem.

I bought a 712 raptor last year brand new best thing ever, used for pigeons and wildfowling nothing better than the feeling i got when had three pigeons coming in to decoys three shots and all three fell to the ground highly recommended and great value for money bearing in mind it is a beretta underneath :welcomeani: