Wood pigeon migration now

anser2

I remember seeing them coming over the channel from France a few years ago - but since then i'm sure they've all ******** off back there as I haven't seen a proper flock of Pigeons in my part of Kent for a long time! Hopefully they'll be returning this year then :)

I had to sit and wait to tip my lorry Wednesday in Birmingham, it was just after it was getting light I started to see flocks of pigeon flying into the city and I mean FLOCKS there were hundreds flying very low within shotgun range.

So Thurs, I was in High Wycombe around same time again saw loads flying into town, Yesterday Purfleet Kent again loads and loads far more than I have seen all week, so when people say where are all the pigeon my advice is to go look around at dawn, I think there is so much food around in the city's in parks gardens etc. I will keep looking as I am interested to see if this is the normal.

I was on the N Norfolk coast today and there were some very big flocks in the coastal woodlands. There are reports up and down the east Coast of migrants arriving and in Staffordshere one report of 27,000. A few reports on here

http://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=409

Well at least we can shoot the pigeons as they cross over our borders, also they will be easier to find than those who have slipped in via the ports, and the other various means employed by those choosing to bleed our great nation dry…..

TEH

They appeared here from no-where last week. The flightline started over to one side of my house at 7.30 am and continued till after 12, literally thousands upon thousands of them heading from west to south east. I haven't noticed them tracking back, maybe they aren't or maybe taking a different route. It was the same again today. (poss same all week, but was away working) I started counting as best I could to get an idea of how big the groups were and they were between 75 and 150. After establishing that, the same sized groups continued flying over at about 5 min intervals for the next 5 hours!!!!!!

Heres hoping they stay down south :good:

I was on the N Norfolk coast today and there were some very big flocks in the coastal woodlands. There are reports up and down the east Coast of migrants arriving and in Staffordshere one report of 27,000. A few reports on here

http://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=409

Hey thats a good sight to save on some recon :lol:

• 2 weeks later...