Honeymoon advice

GW80

Looking for a few ideas for a honeymoon, early next year! I'm for getting hitched in Gretna but we both haven't decided on a honeymoon. I quite like the idea of Portrush on the north coast but my intended seems to like the Carribean for some reason. What would you guys suggest? We both only speak English and will need internet access!!

Maldives, it's the most beautiful place I have ever been to. Depending what you want you can go Robinson Cruso or more popular type island.

We went to a place called Veligandu, it was amazing with snorkelling to die for. Not cheap but something I would recomend if your budget stretches.

http://www.veliganduisland.com/

Maldives, it's the most beautiful place I have ever been to. Depending what you want you can go Robinson Cruso or more popular type island.

We went to a place called Veligandu, it was amazing with snorkelling to die for. Not cheap but something I would recomend if your budget stretches.

http://www.veliganduisland.com/

Is there not a lot of sharks round that neck of the woods? I reckon a trip to Cuba and maybe Florida after would be a nice holiday for us both!

Is there not a lot of sharks round that neck of the woods? I reckon a trip to Cuba and maybe Florida after would be a nice holiday for us both!

We snorkelled alongside 5' black tip sharks, 2m+ manta rays, conga eels, it was out of this world. It took me three days to convince the wife to have a go, and she was hooked. We snorkelled three times a day and she couldn't get enough of it. One day we snorkels round the whole island. Safe as houses!

A few pics

The island

0bd89975.jpg

Standing in the sea edge

7c3ce774.jpg

Off the sea plane pier

8e9cf1f9.jpg

Night fishing

b431ff52.jpg

Some deep seas fishing, wahoo and barracuda

933879b3.jpg

Honestly it was amazing. We did night fishing, my Mrs caught a lovely red snapper and by the time we showered it was on a BBQ on the beach being cooked for us and others.

Edited by Cosd

So out of all the places you have been Mr C

What's the one place you wouldn't want to go back too ?

That's a tough one Mrs S, but I'd probably say France, been twice and didn't enjoy either.

If poster wants to treat his lady though, Maldives would definitely score some points. I took mine for a winter break and she loved it.

Well if anyone wants to take me on honeymoon.

My suitcase is packed and already in the car .

Sweepy has missed that boat ;)

I even buy you a cupcake at the airport :good:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I could just picture my girlfriends face when I tell her WE are not going to Morrocco I am taking a Guys wife crom the forums instead of you.

It would be like the Virgin Media ad where his suit case hits the floor behind him :lol:

we went to barbados and st.lucia for our honeymoon. barbados was like a little piece of england but with tropical heat and i`d go back in a heartbeat.

st.lucia is less developed and covered in tropical rain forest and banana plants...so, not so much to do as in barbados....but lovely if you just wanna laze on the beach all day.

barbados

holiday002.jpg

st.lucia

S4010050.jpg

Edited by jimbo1