Which Oil?

Wildfowler12

It's just for the slider, trigger components and rotary bolt on my benelli. It's the camo version so won't have to worry about fading the blueing. I just wasnt sure if there was any other problems with WD40?

I have used WD40 on & off for a long time but kept it off the bluing & used it on the metel parts & have never had any problems with it .

Pole Star ps thats my own experience though .

I was told by a gun dealer that WD40 seems to make bluing fade ! not sure about that though ?

Pole Star

It rubbish. Made up by gun dealers I've used it for years for cleaning. And just a light mineral base oil for the action.

The truth is that gun smiths ont make money on wd40

It's fine just like kitchen roll or loo roll is just as good as patches.

WD 40 will remove the stock finish on the Xtra wood Beretta's, if it comes into contact with it :blink:

Don't ask me how I know :blush:

Oops !!! I never said clean the wood with it... It may not be good for that. Come on blaser tell us what you did.

Edited by Mike525steel

It rubbish. Made up by gun dealers I've used it for years for cleaning. And just a light mineral base oil for the action.

The truth is that gun smiths ont make money on wd40

It's fine just like kitchen roll or loo roll is just as good as patches.

Oops !!! I never said clean the wood with it... It may not be good for that. Come on blaser tell us what you did.

I was spraying the trigger and some WD 40 ended up on the stock...by the time I noticed it and wiped it off the stock finish lifted and left a bare patch.

Can you guys recommend me a good CHEAP spray gun oil? I currently use Webley 3fore1, it great but it's costly and I'm going through it quickly. Somebody told me to just use WD40 but I didn't fancy that. Any thoughts?? Thanks

I have used three in one spray oil on and off for years you can find it in the lidl or aldi super markets might be worth a try.

Edited by gemini52

I use Browning/Legia Spray

So do i. :good: I cannot get using WD40 it does remove bluing slowly away as bluing is in itelf a form of corrosion. It also will remove silver solder no not everytime but if you have and faults in it it will find its way in and under. This has just been discussed in another thread. If your one of the people who think this is rubbish then carry on its your rib- I have seen this with my own eyes, its also very good at removing bolts handles very cleanly creeping under the solder on Remmington 700 rifles

I just bought a new extra large 750ml spray can of the browning stuff for £11, how much cheaper is the WD40 a box of shells t most? crazy :rolleyes: