Which Oil?

Wildfowler12

Quick tip:Keep an old rag which is impregnated with gun oil inside a zip up sandwich bag ontop of your cabinet.Perfect for quick wipe down guns before storing and bag just keeps it moist!

As for which brand? Any oil will do and i just use cheap Bisley oil in a spray can which costs around £3.

Many oils are hydroscopic so it would pay to replace the rag on a frequency basis.

I use good quality car engine oil.It has all the right properties.

It is heat resistant,has the same viscosity whether it is hot or cold,it sticks to the surface it has been applied to without running off and is resistant to the heat and products of combustion.

Vic.

I use good quality car engine oil.It has all the right properties.

It is heat resistant,has the same viscosity whether it is hot or cold,it sticks to the surface it has been applied to without running off and is resistant to the heat and products of combustion.

Vic.

What spray gun would you recommend for that?

I use Legia on the outside and for loosening fouling around the forcing cone, and Milpro7 for working parts. I wanted Breakfree CLP, which is supposedly excellent, but it didn't arrive from Midways. When I complained about the delay they refunded my money and sent me the Milpro7 free, it seems to be very good.