Boat

deny essex

You could say a DIY boat I made for my son and buddy for pike fishing, although my trade was glassfibre moulding this boat was made without a mould other than a fluted panel mould in a space about 12footx7foot.

The dinghy is 8 foot 9 inches long, 49 inch beam, 16 inches of freeboard, bottom is semi flat to allow for shallow water use and ease of banking. Size consideration was to fit on top of his mits L200 (which also has a Deny modifid and strengthend back)

Panels were cut and joined together all in glassfibre , the floor is flat laid with a foam filled under cavity Not realy for shooting but I will nick it off my son if needed for fowling :)

pics shown on its river trial, bow up is under heavy engine welly.

Hope you found this of interest.

BTW if you think it looks smaller than the measurements given my son is 6'2" and 16 stone'ish his fishing buddy the same, it didnt sink when they were both in so im safe :lol:

post-402-0-12522600-1321615875.jpg

post-402-0-16917000-1321616446.jpg

Edited by deny essex

Brilliant job! Not wanting to be rude but how much do you think it cost you to put it together?

Dave

Never did a costing for materials as my son had the materials in stock for his pond business.

But at an educated guess materials £180, give or take some, like most oil related stuff the material prices have gone through the roof.

Cost In labour? a Dad's job sooo.......... nowt, but if I were putting money in the swear box whilst makeing it around £1000

And another £30 in painkillers for the old guys dodgy back.

Never did a costing for materials as my son had the materials in stock for his pond business.

But at an educated guess materials £180, give or take some, like most oil related stuff the material prices have gone through the roof.

Cost In labour? a Dad's job sooo.......... nowt, but if I were putting money in the swear box whilst makeing it around £1000

That's a nice bit of kit, you must be well chuffed!!

It looks great, i wish i was that talented! You must have been gutted when Ross Kemp stole it but you were lucky to get photos of him in the act :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great job, I have been there and done that, nothing like doing something for the kids, loved every second, now looking forward to doing the same for the grandkids if my body will stand up to it.

All the best

Frank