not another cz

Sheldon Cooper

Any one got a hmr other that a cz. I have a 452 in .22lr and will be getting a hmr soon just fancy somthing different.

No, Sorry I haven't

Seriously, have a look through gun watch, you might find something.

Edited by kyska

not a fan on the .17 then. i have just got my ticket i did ask for a .223 three which was passed but on a mentor and i dident want to go down that route at the mo so i guess its the next best thing.

No, 'fraid not. However, as always this is personal preference and if it's what you want then it's the right choice.

I prefer the 22 Hornet for various reasons and excluding the 222 which is not a great deal different from the 223, then the Hornet is the next best thing following on from your mentor drift. If this makes any sense and you haven't emptied your wallet yet, if it were me, I'd see if a one for one with a hornet would also attract a mentor. Nothing to lose.

There's a good chance that asking for a Hornet could give you chance without a mentor. Put it to them that it's the smallest common centrefire you can get and they may see it that you're trying to work with them to get what you need whilst staying small. Power wise it's about half way between the HMR and the .223 - factory ammo offers around 600ft-lbs compared to the 1000+ of the .223 and the 250ish of the HMR. One thing's for sure though it will put a Fox down with a lot more authority than a HMR ever will! :yes:

Every time I read a post like this I smile at the PW Hornet club. It's the same few members that push it - I guess you need to try it to appreciate it?

Edit... Oh, did I mention that the CZ is one of the best Hornet rifles? :lol::oops:

Edited by njc110381

No, 'fraid not. However, as always this is personal preference and if it's what you want then it's the right choice.

I prefer the 22 Hornet for various reasons and excluding the 222 which is not a great deal different from the 223, then the Hornet is the next best thing following on from your mentor drift. If this makes any sense and you haven't emptied your wallet yet, if it were me, I'd see if a one for one with a hornet would also attract a mentor. Nothing to lose.

well i may go down that route in the future but for the mo i think i will try the hmr. dont wonna mess around with more forms and waiting i just wonna go shoot and enjoy what i have. saying that i one day plan to join a club i have allways wanted a lee enfeild .303 and may be a deer rifle, where will it all end

Edited by Sheldon Cooper

I have a cz 452 in .22lr which and there will always be a space in the cabinet for it but I also have a Sako Quad in 17hmr and I think it is superb,better build quality than the cz great if your out for bunnies and Charlie pops his head head up at suitable range. I must add I would have it as a dedicated fox rifle I have a 22-250 for that but it certainly is a good tool.

i have a slot on my licence for a 17 hmr and if i was going to get one it would probably be a t-bolt, not that i have fired one, i just like the feel of it and the look. but i probably wont get one as i would prefer a 22 hornet. unless a loto win comes up of course. :lol: :lol:

i have a slot on my licence for a 17 hmr and if i was going to get one it would probably be a t-bolt, not that i have fired one, i just like the feel of it and the look. but i probably wont get one as i would prefer a 22 hornet. unless a loto win comes up of course. :lol: :lol:

yeah no what u mean about the lotto win, i have a ticket for saturday so will make the decision on sunday morning :hmm:

marlin 917 vs in 17hmr... :good:

you would think marlin would make a good .17 wernt they involed in the making of the hmr??? i think i would lean more towardes the savage just because of the trigger althought i have never used either let alone fire a hmr. cant wait to get one but dont fancy buying 500 rounds for it they are expensive.